QuoteMeHappy denying to insure my Kodiaq

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Re: QuoteMeHappy denying to insure my Kodiaq

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:34 am

I know it was 2018 when I had my Kodiaq, but then Aviva were charging me £212 fully comp (1.4 SE L DSG & seats)
As I said, it is impossible for two people to compare insurance quotes unless all their details are identical.
I have ALWAYS found comparison sites far more expensive than direct approach. I have given up using them now. It is also, in my experience, cheaper to arrange cover over the 'phone AFTER you have got a price on line and complained that it is too expensive.
I have been insuring cars since before most of you lot were born. (57 years) so I know most of the wrinkles.
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Don't know if this is relevant but insuring my Kodiaq VRS from new cost me £201.............cheapest renewal premium via Confused is £294.

So a near 50% hike, I guess there have been some hefty claims involving Kodiaqs since they launched.
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:20 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 pm
Admiral will never knowingly get a penny of my money. Horrendous company.
Everyone has a different experience.

Admiral voluntarily gave every one of their car policyholders a £25 refund this summer (I know as my wife is insured with them) because due to coronavirus their claims volume had gone through the floor.

A nice touch I thought.

They then tried shafting her on her renewal price and when I used their live webchat (which is excellent) to cancel, they managed to match the previous year's premium.

So by and large I'm happy with them.
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:21 pm

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:20 pm
FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 pm
Admiral will never knowingly get a penny of my money. Horrendous company.
Everyone has a different experience.

Admiral voluntarily gave every one of their car policyholders a £25 refund this summer (I know as my wife is insured with them) because due to coronavirus their claims volume had gone through the floor.

A nice touch I thought.

They then tried shafting her on her renewal price and when I used their live webchat (which is excellent) to cancel, they managed to match the previous year's premium.

So by and large I'm happy with them.
Perhaps as you are their customer then they are not quite so aggressive with you but when you are on the receiving end it’s completely different. To add insult to injury it wasn’t me at fault.

Additionally how can you trust any company who will match the previous years premium only when you want to leave, I know most do it but why can they not show loyalty when threat is made. They wouldn’t get my repeat custom unless it’s significantly lower than someone else. If i got a similar quote from someone else I would move on principle.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey