electric tailgate issue

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
HarryC

electric tailgate issue

Post by HarryC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 am

My electric tailgate has suddenly stopped opening before it is fully up. I do not know why. I have read the handbook page 70 about adjusting the opening height but can find no way to reset it to open fully. I tried manually pushing it all the way up and holding down the tailgate button until the hazards flash and the car beeps, but it still only opens part way.
How do I get it to go back to opening fully?
Adore my Kodiaq and super impressed by its mpg but it does have a number of minor irritations!

Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI DSG, 5 seater plus park-assist and area view camera, heated seats and wheel.

JamieK

Re: electric tailgate issue

Post by JamieK » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 pm

The electrics may not recognise manually adjusting it to the full open position. Try opening the boot lid to the max position either with the drivers door switch or preferably the keyfob. Keep holding the button for a couple of secs whilst its fully open.

Not saying it'll work, but that's my best guess.

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:03 am

Further to my previous reply, the following video may be of interest to you - check out from about 16min in to the video of the Octavia. Presenter seems to do exactly what you were doing, sets the hatch at lower height then manually pushes back to full opening, sets the system and it returns to full opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=incC_DAMq0k

Dunno what to suggest.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:58 am

:lol: If you can't manage to get it working with the suggestions above go to your dealer. My '17 reg was a pain in the a*se.
The boot lid had a mind of it's own. I ordered it Dec '16, even before the line started running, so that and other faults I suffered was the price I paid for being an early adopter.
They should have sorted ot by now.
So hopefully the tips above will work. It's another case of Skoda having a solution to a non existent problem, something of which they are very fond, making the cars over complicated (as do all manufacturers these days) with lots more to go wrong.
YES I admit, I AM a LUDDITE! :lol:
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00