What do you wish you had fitted

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
billywizzo

What do you wish you had fitted

Post by billywizzo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi all,
Planning to buy a new Kodiaq 1.5 petrol dsg SE L model.
I plan to get a few extras fitted like a towbar (needed as we tow a trailer, not a caravan), leather seats, acc and wondered what other owners either wish they had or not had fitted and the reason why.
It will be a new build and just trying to work out if some things are worth the extra money like a sunroof, virtual cockpit, acc and lane assist.

Cheers Bill
Kodiaq 1.5 TSI SE L Petrol Blue

Plodd

Re: What do you wish you had fitted

Post by Plodd » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Only thing my SE L doesn't have that I wish it did is adaptive cruise control.
Front parking sensors but they're standard now anyway.
Wife doesn't like sunroof and it is a bit steep. Prefer the standard leather/alcantara to full leather.
Prefer current cars aftermarket towbar to first cars factory fit.
Virtual cockpit I can't comment on as never seen one but think it may be nothing more than a gimmick like shift paddles.
Oh, and virtual cockpit can't show waze or google maps on the display.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4X4 DSG SE L in Business Grey. Replacing an SE 150 DSG diesel in moon white.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Plodd wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:55 pm
Only thing my SE L doesn't have that I wish it did is adaptive cruise control.
Front parking sensors but they're standard now anyway.
Wife doesn't like sunroof and it is a bit steep. Prefer the standard leather/alcantara to full leather.
Prefer current cars aftermarket towbar to first cars factory fit.
Virtual cockpit I can't comment on as never seen one but think it may be nothing more than a gimmick like shift paddles.
Oh, and virtual cockpit can't show waze or google maps on the display.
As it happens I got the virtual cockpit and I think it’s great, displays what I want and how I like it. I would definitely reorder it. I don’t use Google maps or Waze as the inbuilt sat nav in my opinion work perfectly well and on a few tests I have done between that and Google maps there were no significant route differences. I really see very little benefit using Google Maps or Waze if you have Columbus.

I have flappy paddles and they are OK but I could easily live without them, they were standard on mine anyway. I would not pay extra for them.

I also got the driver profile thingy, which was only £45. I would say for £45 it’s definitely worth it as it’s resets the seats etc. to my profile without failure when I unlock the car, you also get an extra key.

I had an Edition with the lane assist and blind spot detection, to be honest I really don’t miss them, nice to have if standard on the car of choice but not worth the extra cash.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:21 pm

I added front parking sensors, which are now standard fit, heated windscreen, reverse camera, child pack which adds remote child lock operation and rear window blinds, and spare wheel to my SEL, don’t think there is anything that I wish I had added.
As above much prefer the alcantara to leather, and would never spec a sunroof again, suffered leaks in my previous Yeti and by all accounts all Skoda models suffer problems with sunroofs.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 am

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:15 pm
I really see very little benefit using Google Maps or Waze if you have Columbus.
I don't use Waze, but I believe that its community of users will give accurate indications of slow traffic and congestion, giving you an opportunity to choose an alternative route where possible.

The Columbus system also does this, but I think you need a data SIM in the car.
Even then I am not quite sure where it gets its traffic data from and how accurate that is.
And correct me if I am wrong, it will only do so with a route planned?

TBH, I tend not to pay much attention to it.
Mostly because I don't drive into the unknown all that much, so never have a route planned.
MY21 SE-L 1.5 TSI, DSG , Business Grey, Front DashCam

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:25 am

I wished I had a reversing camera.
I believe front sensors - which I paid for on mine - are now standard on SE-L trim.
As is the reversing camera.

I have all-round sensors on the K (standard on all trims I think?), which cause 'funny moments' when I reverse my old Honda off the driveway.
My mind tricks me into thinking I can just wait for the beeps to warn me when I get close to objects.
Luckily I have always reminded myself in time that "the Honda doesn't have [redacted] sensors!"

Too much reliance too soon on technology. One day we can relax.

Interesting comments about the sunroof.
One of my earliest car had one and it leaked, putting me off.
But then people kept telling me technology has moved on and that I should look into it.
It's a bit steep anyway, as @Plodd says.
It does look amazing in reviews and in pictures.
MY21 SE-L 1.5 TSI, DSG , Business Grey, Front DashCam

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:23 am

ACC!
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

old man

Post by old man » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:51 am

The 272 bhp Tsi engine that's fitted in the quick Superb :twisted:

billywizzo

Post by billywizzo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:27 am

Cheers
Looking at getting towbar, leather, acc, tri climate control, virtual cockpit, heated rear seats, rear tables (both those options for the kids), sunroof, rear camera, spare wheel.
Was going for the electric front drivers seat but decided it was one gadget too far.
Still thinking about dropping the sunroof and going for lane assist with blind spot, what do people with either think, are either worth the money.
Cheers
Kodiaq 1.5 TSI SE L Petrol Blue

Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:28 pm

billywizzo wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:27 am
Cheers
Looking at getting towbar, leather, acc, tri climate control, virtual cockpit, heated rear seats, rear tables (both those options for the kids), sunroof, rear camera, spare wheel.
Was going for the electric front drivers seat but decided it was one gadget too far.
Still thinking about dropping the sunroof and going for lane assist with blind spot, what do people with either think, are either worth the money.
Cheers
If cheaper you could get blind spot + traffic sign recognition. Traffic sign recognition is the cheapest way to get the driver assist camera then get someone to code in Lane Assist for you.

I’d say electric driver seat with memory is an absolute boon if you have different drivers with different heights. Especially with the £45 driver personalisation option which adds drive profiles (i.e. users) and an extra key. I’d give up tri zone climate for that to be honest.
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows