What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
FoxtrotAlpha
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 am

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Good = SE Technology cheap to buy, comfortable, smooth, 150bhp tows well, huge boot space, ACC, sat nav, fold-away tow ball (although needs protection from rusting, and I don't mean oil/grease), brilliant rear camera, fuel economy for a big car, general reliability (except for 2 things - see below)
Bad = hard to find hazard switch quickly, poor quality of standard battery and brake discs, poor voice recognition (phone, sat nav, media, etc), front assist on tight right hand bends (applies brakes too readily)
Have you tried changing the settings for the front assist system as I have no problems like this? Others have made the same comments on other threads but were oblivious that you can change its behaviour.

Batteries are OK unless you had one of the faulty ones fitted on the early models (2017), apart from that they are OK.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

User avatar
Colin Lambert
Posts: 3305
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 10:40 am
Location: Poole Dorset

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:19 am

Basically the same as many others.
L O V E D EVErYTHING.
My Dealer. Meadens of Brockenhurst, Hants. Brilliant!
Comfort, road holding, performance, consumption, HUGE boot, Appearance, trim level, Panoramic roof, 1.4 engine DSG gear box. Blah-blah-Blah.

Hate.
Light switch position and lack of tell-tale light for headlights on dash.
Mine was one of the first on the road on 6th April 17, so teething problems,
so saying for the price it should have been faultless and wasn't!
Appallingly BORING colour choices. (improved slightly now)
Cr@p door edge guards.
Dodgy electronics (boot lid, emergency call buttons.)
Remote ops on telephone app. Rubbish.
Being forced to waste money having to buy 7 seater (SE L) when I didn't want them. (since changed)
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Steven.T
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 9:39 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by Steven.T » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Boot is massive. The stats make it sound small but it's not. It's huge.
It is sometimes a bit laggy, nothing sport mode doesn't sort though.
My only real gripe is that the first owner didn't put enough spec on for me!
69 plate Sportline 190 TDI 4x4 DSG

Marinfullsuss
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by Marinfullsuss » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Good = SE Technology cheap to buy, comfortable, smooth, 150bhp tows well, huge boot space, ACC, sat nav, fold-away tow ball (although needs protection from rusting, and I don't mean oil/grease), brilliant rear camera, fuel economy for a big car, general reliability (except for 2 things - see below)
Bad = hard to find hazard switch quickly, poor quality of standard battery and brake discs, poor voice recognition (phone, sat nav, media, etc), front assist on tight right hand bends (applies brakes too readily)
Having just sung the Kodiaq's praises - guess what? We were about to set off on a caravan holiday when we noticed the orange Emission control system warning light came on. A local garage coupled up a laptop and diagnosed a fault in the DPF pressure sensor, but said they could replace it the next day. Then the problems started. Apparently, the part does not exist in the UK. I was told that factories that make them have shut down due to COVID. I'm trying to source one on eBay but it's a slow process. Could take a week to get the car (safely) on the road again. Any recommendations? Part code = 04L906051F or 04L906051G
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

User avatar
Old and Grumpy
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:38 am

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Good = SE Technology cheap to buy, comfortable, smooth, 150bhp tows well, huge boot space, ACC, sat nav, fold-away tow ball (although needs protection from rusting, and I don't mean oil/grease), brilliant rear camera, fuel economy for a big car, general reliability (except for 2 things - see below)
Bad = hard to find hazard switch quickly, poor quality of standard battery and brake discs, poor voice recognition (phone, sat nav, media, etc), front assist on tight right hand bends (applies brakes too readily)
Having just sung the Kodiaq's praises - guess what? We were about to set off on a caravan holiday when we noticed the orange Emission control system warning light came on. A local garage coupled up a laptop and diagnosed a fault in the DPF pressure sensor, but said they could replace it the next day. Then the problems started. Apparently, the part does not exist in the UK. I was told that factories that make them have shut down due to COVID. I'm trying to source one on eBay but it's a slow process. Could take a week to get the car (safely) on the road again. Any recommendations? Part code = 04L906051F or 04L906051G
Have you tried an enquiry with Skoda UK Customer Services?
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, Leicestershire. :D

BigSilv
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 pm
Location: Bicester,Oxon

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by BigSilv » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 am

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Good = SE Technology cheap to buy, comfortable, smooth, 150bhp tows well, huge boot space, ACC, sat nav, fold-away tow ball (although needs protection from rusting, and I don't mean oil/grease), brilliant rear camera, fuel economy for a big car, general reliability (except for 2 things - see below)
Bad = hard to find hazard switch quickly, poor quality of standard battery and brake discs, poor voice recognition (phone, sat nav, media, etc), front assist on tight right hand bends (applies brakes too readily)
Having just sung the Kodiaq's praises - guess what? We were about to set off on a caravan holiday when we noticed the orange Emission control system warning light came on. A local garage coupled up a laptop and diagnosed a fault in the DPF pressure sensor, but said they could replace it the next day. Then the problems started. Apparently, the part does not exist in the UK. I was told that factories that make them have shut down due to COVID. I'm trying to source one on eBay but it's a slow process. Could take a week to get the car (safely) on the road again. Any recommendations? Part code = 04L906051F or 04L906051G
It's happened to mine in last September. My dealer said something wrong with DPF pressure sensor and sorted it on the same day under warranty. May be worth ringing Skoda dealer? I know things have changed since due to pandemic.
2.0 TDI 150 PS Edition Black 7seats Canton Ambient lighting Heated screen Folding Table Tablet Holder Rearview Camera

Marinfullsuss
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by Marinfullsuss » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:01 am

BigSilv wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Good = SE Technology cheap to buy, comfortable, smooth, 150bhp tows well, huge boot space, ACC, sat nav, fold-away tow ball (although needs protection from rusting, and I don't mean oil/grease), brilliant rear camera, fuel economy for a big car, general reliability (except for 2 things - see below)
Bad = hard to find hazard switch quickly, poor quality of standard battery and brake discs, poor voice recognition (phone, sat nav, media, etc), front assist on tight right hand bends (applies brakes too readily)
Having just sung the Kodiaq's praises - guess what? We were about to set off on a caravan holiday when we noticed the orange Emission control system warning light came on. A local garage coupled up a laptop and diagnosed a fault in the DPF pressure sensor, but said they could replace it the next day. Then the problems started. Apparently, the part does not exist in the UK. I was told that factories that make them have shut down due to COVID. I'm trying to source one on eBay but it's a slow process. Could take a week to get the car (safely) on the road again. Any recommendations? Part code = 04L906051F or 04L906051G
It's happened to mine in last September. My dealer said something wrong with DPF pressure sensor and sorted it on the same day under warranty. May be worth ringing Skoda dealer? I know things have changed since due to pandemic.
How old was your Kodiaq? Was it in the 3 year warranty?
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

BigSilv
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 pm
Location: Bicester,Oxon

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by BigSilv » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:02 am

Dislike: Always live 12v socket, no USB ports in rear seats for kids, top spec Edition not fitted with front parking sensors as standard. no lights in top tier glove box.
Likes: Everything else.
2.0 TDI 150 PS Edition Black 7seats Canton Ambient lighting Heated screen Folding Table Tablet Holder Rearview Camera

BigSilv
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 pm
Location: Bicester,Oxon

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by BigSilv » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:02 am

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:01 am
BigSilv wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am


Having just sung the Kodiaq's praises - guess what? We were about to set off on a caravan holiday when we noticed the orange Emission control system warning light came on. A local garage coupled up a laptop and diagnosed a fault in the DPF pressure sensor, but said they could replace it the next day. Then the problems started. Apparently, the part does not exist in the UK. I was told that factories that make them have shut down due to COVID. I'm trying to source one on eBay but it's a slow process. Could take a week to get the car (safely) on the road again. Any recommendations? Part code = 04L906051F or 04L906051G
It's happened to mine in last September. My dealer said something wrong with DPF pressure sensor and sorted it on the same day under warranty. May be worth ringing Skoda dealer? I know things have changed since due to pandemic.
How old was your Kodiaq? Was it in the 3 year warranty?
Yes, I took delivery in 2017 April
2.0 TDI 150 PS Edition Black 7seats Canton Ambient lighting Heated screen Folding Table Tablet Holder Rearview Camera

Marinfullsuss
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:17 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by Marinfullsuss » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 am

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:01 am
BigSilv wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am


Having just sung the Kodiaq's praises - guess what? We were about to set off on a caravan holiday when we noticed the orange Emission control system warning light came on. A local garage coupled up a laptop and diagnosed a fault in the DPF pressure sensor, but said they could replace it the next day. Then the problems started. Apparently, the part does not exist in the UK. I was told that factories that make them have shut down due to COVID. I'm trying to source one on eBay but it's a slow process. Could take a week to get the car (safely) on the road again. Any recommendations? Part code = 04L906051F or 04L906051G
It's happened to mine in last September. My dealer said something wrong with DPF pressure sensor and sorted it on the same day under warranty. May be worth ringing Skoda dealer? I know things have changed since due to pandemic.
How old was your Kodiaq? Was it in the 3 year warranty?
Sorry - missed your reference to warranty!!! More haste, etc. Mine is JUST out of the warranty......... :cry:
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

Post Reply