What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Marinfullsuss

Re: What do you Love/Hate about your Kodiaq?

Post by Marinfullsuss » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:38 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 pm
Good = SE Technology cheap to buy, comfortable, smooth, 150bhp tows well, huge boot space, ACC, sat nav, fold-away tow ball (although needs protection from rusting, and I don't mean oil/grease), brilliant rear camera, fuel economy for a big car, general reliability (except for 2 things - see below)
Bad = hard to find hazard switch quickly, poor quality of standard battery and brake discs, poor voice recognition (phone, sat nav, media, etc), front assist on tight right hand bends (applies brakes too readily)
Having just sung the Kodiaq's praises - guess what? We were about to set off on a caravan holiday when we noticed the orange Emission control system warning light came on. A local garage coupled up a laptop and diagnosed a fault in the DPF pressure sensor, but said they could replace it the next day. Then the problems started. Apparently, the part does not exist in the UK. I was told that factories that make them have shut down due to COVID. I'm trying to source one on eBay but it's a slow process. Could take a week to get the car (safely) on the road again. Any recommendations? Part code = 04L906051F or 04L906051G
Have you tried an enquiry with Skoda UK Customer Services?
Just tried them. Skoda UK customer services pretty much a waste of time. Said I should get advice about whether it's safe to drive with the warning light on. I asked if a Skoda technician said it was OK, would Skoda cover any potential damage to engine if things went wrong. They said no. Person also said there is a Europe wide parts shortage, but they are on order!!!
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

old man

Post by old man » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:30 am

Europe wide parts shortage, but they are on order!!!
And here's where the JIT system that many companies operate falls apart. Whilst I understand the logistics behind companies not wanting to have funds tied up in stock sitting on shelves, it's bloody frustrating for customers when the system breaks down - as it has now due to Covid.

Hope you get it sorted, but staying at home is probably safer anyway ;)

CaptainBeaky

Post by CaptainBeaky » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:57 pm
Hate, the position of the main light switch. Always catching it with my knee when entering or exiting the car and knocking it off the "Auto" position. 😡

Love, absolutely everything else. 😊
Ah, not just me then... :roll:

MattBrandCars

Post by MattBrandCars » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:26 am

Hey Everyone, thanks for all the comments! Really gave me good insight, which is valuable because I don't get to spend too long with the cars (just a week!). Finally finished filming and editing, here is the review for those interested :)