Old and Grumpy

Re: Model Year 21 Changes

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:35 am

:D That's better? Everyone's playing nicely now! :D
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, Leicestershire. :D

Deleted User 2278

Post by Deleted User 2278 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:25 am

The trick to playing nicely is, like in ordinary conversation, put forward ones own views only and allow others to decide for themselves the merits or otherwise of those views or the views of others.

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Until reading all this I didn`t realise there was an emergency braking system. Having had no incidents I presume the default setting must be "off" or else I`m a great driver. Who said ignorance is bliss?
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:24 pm

LordJellybelly wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 pm
Until reading all this I didn`t realise there was an emergency braking system. Having had no incidents I presume the default setting must be "off" or else I`m a great driver. Who said ignorance is bliss?
Also remember that automatic breaking includes the pedestrian monitoring system that automatically brakes if it detects someone walking out in front of you. I have tested this, on purpose, it’s very impressive.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Westie5

Post by Westie5 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 am

Just downloaded the latest owners manual to see what I can expect when the car arrives ( I don't have a build date yet ) and noticed a few changes.

1: Heated steering wheel. There is now a button controlling the heating on the wheel rather than having to go thru the infotainment system so that has to be a big thumbs up.

2: There's also mention of Advanced Voice Control which says it understands fluent whole sentances. 'OK Laura'. I hope it works better than the current voice control !

3: There looks to be a new quick access to popular functions ( saves having to go thru main menu ) on the Columbus, just swipe down as u would do on a mobile phone.

4: There's also a Web radio player and a video player? Not sure if those are available on existing Columbus units? Never noticed them on our Karoq.

5: But the MASSIVE disappointment for me is there is no mention of a CD player. I spec'd Canton for that very reason. :roll: Ah well. I don't care much for music sound quality via DAB, USB and especially BT audio so it'd seem I'm only left with FM.

6: Can't comment on Mirrorlink or Carplay but the depiction of Android Auto looks different from our Karoq brochure so wondering if there's some new interface display. Hope so.

7: I guess the built in eSim means an end to free data from THREE so probably going to have to use own phone for wifi or pay via Skoda. Wonder if they offer you any free data after forking out 40 grand for their car? :D

8: One new facility seems to be 'Shop'. Apparently you can order 'new functions and services', 'extend purchased functions' or 'purchase data plans'. I think I'll give those a miss.

9: Driver fatigue, it'll now warn you if you're beginning to fall asleep at 200km/h. :lol:

Obviously there are loads more but I passed on most of the latest driver assistance options when spec'ing my car. Never used them in the previous car anyway.
UK Sportline 1.5tsi DSG - race blue - on order for late Oct del.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm

I must remember to keep my speed constantly above 125mph to make sure the car warns me if I am falling asleep. :o :lol:
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, Leicestershire. :D

Westie5

Post by Westie5 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:09 pm

no 'audio in' jack either so that's the Sony Discman option kaput too. :lol:

Westie5

Post by Westie5 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:15 pm

Here's something for you people to ponder over. Does anyone know the answer?

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/pre ... eneration/

This gives info on 2021 model year changes which the latest UK configurators appear to confirm. But one thing confuses me, the overhead USB port on Kodiaq.

If you configure the Superb and Karoq, there's an option to add the additional USB near the rearview mirror. On the Kodiaq however, no such option exists. Which begs the question is an oversight on the pricelist / configurator? Is it std equipment on the Kodiaq? Or is the Skoda story board wrong? I can't see Skoda making it available on the Karoq but not the Kodiaq so I'd guess the storyboard not to be wrong.

mrcraigcharlton

Post by mrcraigcharlton » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:18 pm

I was considering putting in a factory order for a new MY21 vRS and have just been told by a dealer that as of today that have received an instruction not to take any orders for the vRS or the 190BHP TDI. I assume the latter is the change over for the 190BHP to 200BHP TDI but what does this mean for the vRS - the new 180kW Petrol? Three dealers I have contacted don’t seen to know right now.
vRS Brilliant Silver :D :D :D

Westie5

Post by Westie5 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Any reports I've read about the vRS are people guessing, haven't seen any info from Skoda. Autocar seemed to suggest that the next vRS will remain diesel ( based on pics of a test mule car there was no charging port on the front grille ). I can defo say from recent experience with my order, that when it comes to changes within Skoda, some dealers know, some dealers don't know whilst others think they know but they don't. :lol: All very frustrating for the potential customer.

The price list has finally been updated since my previous reply and that overhead usb-c is now available to order in the UK. But a few ambiguities still remain therefore I doubt it'll be long before further pricelist changes are made.