AIR CON

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
SinglePointSafety

Re: AIR CON

Post by SinglePointSafety » Thu May 21, 2020 4:40 pm

My Kodiaq gets to the chosen temperature (typically 20-22C) quickly and maintains that just fine, although only tested at 25C outside temp (and full sunshine) today, so can't comment on what it would be like when it's 30-something C outside. Previous VW Golf coped with that sort of temperature without any problem.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0TSi Business Grey, with some extras

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 pm

I don't understand how they do it,
But in the U.S. they seem to adapt the efficiency of the A/C to the local ambient temperature.
I was in Boston and hired a Chrysler (can't remember the model-small saloon) Ambient temp about 70f. after a couple of days I went to Tampa, ambient temp 97f. Hired the same model and the A/C was so cold it was painful, about 50f.
The Boston car struggled to keep me comfortable in spite of the temp being 20 f less than Tampa. I noticed that the small ads cars sales in Florida, always stated "ICE COLD A./C" and it was!!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm

That makes sense Colin and reflects my desire for a cool cabin. When I'm in a really hot country I get in the car hot and sticky and I want ice cold air immediately or sitting in the car is awful and the car has likely been sat in blazing sunshine for hours so the air con needs to work really well. But in the UK, where it rarely gets properly hot the air con is just needed to refine the temperature down a few degrees and perhaps just keep the windows from misting up on a damp day indeed I'm most likely to put the air-con on when it is raining or cold to keep the windows de-misted rather than cool the car. Air-con has a different primary purpose in the UK to say Greece. In Greece it needs to get properly cold quickly or you won't get in the car and if you open the window instead the car will likely feel even hotter as you are blasted by the furnace outside. In the UK the aircon needs to gently de-mist your windows on a damp November day and if you are a little warm on a Summers day then opening the windows is likely to help cool the car too but it is noisy and the air likely polluted (I'm in London afterall) so the air con might be better to gently cool while filtering the air and the closed windows keep out the noise.

Let us not forget it is called air conditioning, not air cooling. In Greece you mainly need the air temperature conditioned, in the UK you mainly need the air humidity and pollutants conditioned.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sun May 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi MARKLEGGE1

Have you tried adjusting the "Power" of the Aircon?

In my digital manual the instruction is on pages 120 and 121, extract below;

Operate Climatronic in Infotainment Fig. 167
Infotainment: example display of the main Climatronic menu
Read and observe on page 118 first.
To display the main menupress the button  on the Climatronic control unit.
Function surfaces and screen display » Fig. 167
A Displays the current operation mode (or set the operation mode) of
the Climatronic
B Set the desired temperature, front - left side
C Set the desired temperature, front - right side
D Setting the power in  operation

I've only just discovered this after driving my Kodiaq for two years!!! :lol:
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:24 pm
Hi MARKLEGGE1

the Climatronic

That’s of course one way of changing the air on profile, you could always press the big menu button, cunningly labelled “menu”, that takes up the lower half of the Climatronic control (centre Dial) . That will take you to the full settings including the A/C profile on the infotainment display.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sun May 24, 2020 9:36 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 pm
Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:24 pm
Hi MARKLEGGE1

the Climatronic

That’s of course one way of changing the air on profile, you could always press the big menu button, cunningly labelled “menu”, that takes up the lower half of the Climatronic control (centre Dial) . That will take you to the full settings including the A/C profile on the infotainment display.
I thought that was what I said in the extract from the digital manual. ;)
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Pink72

Post by Pink72 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:31 pm

On top of the profile option (already called out following the OP's request) you can adjust the aircon control module with VCDS / ODB11 to adjust the profile for warmer countries thus releasing further cooling capacity. Enabling this setting pumps colder air more quickly into the cabin which much improves climate control (lower temps) on hotter days, specially with the car loaded with people.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4x4 DSG quartz metallic - canton, heated steering wheel, screen & rear seats, ambient light, media cmd, personalisation drive mode, front parking sensors, tri zone climate control, vico opia2 cash cam, Thule wingbars.

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Wed May 27, 2020 12:49 pm

I must admit that apart from setting temperature to 16* recently and a max of 19* in hard winter I`ve never altered the air/con controls except occasionally for passenger to alter her side. The chip seems to work perfectly but I was surprised that the air care option cannot be used in conjunction with air. con or have I missed something?
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D