1.5 TSI OR 2.0 TDI SEL DSG

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
AJC56

Re: 1.5 TSI OR 2.0 TDI SEL DSG

Post by AJC56 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm

i thought posts are for helping and informative not bragging about who has more money etc.

Getting back to my original posts,I have now road tested a Kodiaq 1.5tsi dsg and found performance to be very good didn't seem that much different to the Tiguan 2.0 tdi dsg but was only a short drive.
Seen both whites next to each other and decided on MOON WHITE METALLIC

Just some costs to compare Skoda Kodiaq 1.5tsi se l dsg with metallic paint £31,835 retail / 24 month lease including road fund licence for 2 years £7,814.
I think even with a discount off retail the lost in depreciation would be greater than that leasing for 2 years,if anyone is interested in where I got this deal just post on this thread and will let you know.
Lease is ideal as you have a new car for 2-3 years still under warranty breakdown and road fund licence included,your not tying up your capital.
This will be my 3rd lease with VWFS 2 VW Tiguans and now Skoda Kodiaq

Just my opinion

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:33 pm

I wasn't bragging about having more money I was merely expressing my point of view, considering I only keep a car for about a year I couldn't have a lease deal anyway.
we all have free choice. What suits one won't suit another.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:17 pm

AJC56 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm
i thought posts are for helping and informative not bragging about who has more money etc.

Getting back to my original posts,I have now road tested a Kodiaq 1.5tsi dsg and found performance to be very good didn't seem that much different to the Tiguan 2.0 tdi dsg but was only a short drive.
Seen both whites next to each other and decided on MOON WHITE METALLIC

Just some costs to compare Skoda Kodiaq 1.5tsi se l dsg with metallic paint £31,835 retail / 24 month lease including road fund licence for 2 years £7,814.
I think even with a discount off retail the lost in depreciation would be greater than that leasing for 2 years,if anyone is interested in where I got this deal just post on this thread and will let you know.
Lease is ideal as you have a new car for 2-3 years still under warranty breakdown and road fund licence included,your not tying up your capital.
This will be my 3rd lease with VWFS 2 VW Tiguans and now Skoda Kodiaq

Just my opinion
I am on my second Kodiaq and both have been financed via Skoda’s Personal Contract Hire (PCH), very similar to your scheme. I personally think that in the future most new cars will be leased/hired, ownership of new cars is a dying trend. Cash purchases don’t have the same powers as they did before and lack the same legal protection as other methods.

I did this as I didn’t want to buy outright, I had just come from a PCP that could have left me with a shortfall and I wanted to ensure that I got a new car every two years. I don’t need to worry about increases on road fund license as it’s paid for within hire cost and I got a diesel so if the market for these collapses it’s not my problem.

So far I have been very happy with how Skoda Finance has behaved, had one issue when BCA failed to collect the old hire car on behalf of Skoda, Skoda seemed to think I wanted to continue to take responsibility for a car (on my property) which was not insured (I moved mine to the new car) and store in on my driveway until such time BCA turned up to get it. Told them it was on the road and it was their problem as it was their agent to failed to turn up.

Just as a footnote, if you are in a PCP deal at the moment and you seem to have negative equity, or if you just want to get out of it early you can. If you have paid over 50% of the total repayable value of the contract back to the finance company you can just give it back to them without cause, no need to say why. This is part of the Consumer Credit Act and works for anything bought on finance.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

AJC56

Post by AJC56 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:35 pm

Yes your spot on, that's the future it's just some of us are ahead of the game.
PCP'S are stupid prices and you loose to much in depreciation if buying with cash.
I only do about 6-8000 miles PA so this time opted for a petrol,l could not justify £2500 more for the diesel and could buy a lot of petrol for that.
I love diesels had them for over 25 years but how things are going we will all be driving milk floats around.
The Skoda Finance PCH is the same all through VWFS in Milton Keynes, BCA no problem last car pick up,I hope they turn up on the 30th April to pick the Tiguan up,Kodiaq is ordered and will be delivered to me on the 1st May, so if BCA haven't collected the Tiguan I will have the same problem as you.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:53 pm

AJC56 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:35 pm
Yes your spot on, that's the future it's just some of us are ahead of the game.
PCP'S are stupid prices and you loose to much in depreciation if buying with cash.
I only do about 6-8000 miles PA so this time opted for a petrol,l could not justify £2500 more for the diesel and could buy a lot of petrol for that.
I love diesels had them for over 25 years but how things are going we will all be driving milk floats around.
The Skoda Finance PCH is the same all through VWFS in Milton Keynes, BCA no problem last car pick up,I hope they turn up on the 30th April to pick the Tiguan up,Kodiaq is ordered and will be delivered to me on the 1st May, so if BCA haven't collected the Tiguan I will have the same problem as you.
It wasn’t my problem, I dumped the old one on the road and told Skoda it was off hire and it was their problem. BCA called within 2 minutes to rearrange collection and to confirm they were covering the insurance but I wasn’t permitted to drive it.

BCA collection took over an hour and he checked it over with a fine tooth comb, I was expecting an argument but he said it was well looked after and left. He did an Audi that morning which was on hire for only 3 months and had £3,500 worth of repairs.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey