Current Orders - Build - Move back from status 10?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
parmsuk

Current Orders - Build - Move back from status 10?

Post by parmsuk » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 am

Hi,

Placed my order on 29th August 2019 for an L&K 190 DSG in moon white with a number of extras. The dealership came back advised it would be provisionally 29th of November 2019 for delivery.

3rd September got an update with Order number and also advised build week 44 allocation with status 10 (allocated production week status).

5th September an email from Skoda that the order been confirmed and next stage is production.

Then on the 9th of September, I was on chat with Skoda and they confirmed build week is no longer allocated on my order (status 00). Advised that the factory may be reshuffling the orders before reallocating the build week. Suggested to try next Monday when the factory replan for an update.

From the folks experiences on this forum, is this normal???
Skoda L&K - Moon White - 190DSG - Awaiting Delivery!

Zach

Re: Current Orders - Build - Move back from status 10?

Post by Zach » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:28 am

Hi Parms,

This is somewhat unusual, however not unheard of. Your car shouldn't be delayed by more than two weeks though. It is likely down to parts shortages. What is the spec of your Kodiaq?
SOLD! BW32 2017 Kodiaq 190TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey + Sirius rims, 5yr Warranty, Sunroof, Sleep Pack, Rear Heated Seats, Driver Profiles
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

parmsuk

Post by parmsuk » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:42 am

Zach wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:28 am
Hi Parms,

This is somewhat unusual, however not unheard of. Your car shouldn't be delayed by more than two weeks though. It is likely down to parts shortages. What is the spec of your Kodiaq?
I added the following options:
Tow Bar
Sleep Pack
Personalised Drive Mode
Virtual Dash
Heated front and rear seats
Drive Assistance Pack
Skoda L&K - Moon White - 190DSG - Awaiting Delivery!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:59 am

Mine was put back in 2017 (ordered 2016)
Quite often it is because they are out of stock of some options you want.
Many years ago Skoda ran out of pan roofs and later DSGs. Both caused delays of months.
They are now much better at replenishing stock.
I would agree with Zach, Mine was only a couple of weeks.

This is the problem nearly all manufacturing companies suffer from, not just cars. It is caused by the 'Just in time' parts ordering system. Saves a fortune in operating costs, holding huge stocks, but the downside is that when 'just in time' it NOT just in time it causes problems.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

L&K190dsg

Post by L&K190dsg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Ordered my L&K in moon white back in July and was told to expect around October/November. Beginning to doubt that as still not got any sign of a build week yet and dealer says no info coming out of Skoda.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:56 pm

L&K190dsg wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Ordered my L&K in moon white back in July and was told to expect around October/November. Beginning to doubt that as still not got any sign of a build week yet and dealer says no info coming out of Skoda.
I wouldn’t worry too much, my first Kodiaq was built and in transit before the dealer managed to tell me a production date.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

m00nster

Post by m00nster » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm

hi - I'm in the same position as previous posters. I ordered my L&K 190 DSG with a number of extras like tow bar etc back in may(!) and had to chase my dealer last week for a status update... news was not positive after originally being quoted late October delivery at worst, still hasn't been scheduled a build week! poor show Skoda!

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:59 pm

m00nster wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm
hi - I'm in the same position as previous posters. I ordered my L&K 190 DSG with a number of extras like tow bar etc back in may(!) and had to chase my dealer last week for a status update... news was not positive after originally being quoted late October delivery at worst, still hasn't been scheduled a build week! poor show Skoda!
From experience dealers tend to work off very generalised lead times which are rarely model specific, I have always taken them with a pinch of salt. I changed mine recently and there where many mixed messages from Skoda.

As my Edition was coming of hire with Skoda in September Skoda Finance started notifying me and suggesting I placed an order for its replacement in December last year. The first dealer I went to for the replacement Sportline would not place an order until April as some T&Cs state that the order could not be placed unless it was within six months of the delivery date, they told me it would be tight on delivery but that’s Skoda rules.

The dealer I used placed it when I asked (following day from the first dealer) and it was delivered on time, they were very good indeed during the whole process. Ironically the dealer who I got the original Kodiaq from phoned me 5 weeks before the end of hire to see if I wanted to place an order. They said they could get a Sportline built to order (I had a couple of things added) and delivered within 5 weeks.... I laughed at them as they clearly have no idea how long it takes.

Anyway, I suggest getting dates from Skoda customer relations via the online chat rather than the dealer as it’s usually more accurate.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:18 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:59 pm
Anyway, I suggest getting dates from Skoda customer relations via the online chat rather than the dealer as it’s usually more accurate.
That would be fine if the link actually worked when you click on it... :roll:
On order: Business Grey MY20 1.5 TSI Manual SE L with Family Pack and Heated Windscreen

m00nster

Post by m00nster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:34 am

So I managed to get hold of Skoda uk via their Web chat. Anyone about to place an order for an L&K should be ready for a long old open-ended wait! No build slots currently in play or scheduled to be am told...

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”