Aviva Insurance - 'Computer says no' to my 5 seater

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
H2UBS

Aviva Insurance - 'Computer says no' to my 5 seater

Post by H2UBS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Have been with Aviva for a couple of years and just noticed at renewal that the online documentation showed my 2.0tdi SE L 190 4x4 DSG as having 7 seats when in fact mine is a 5 seat MY18. Being bit of a pedant (and more importantly not allowing an 'error' to help them refuse a claim), I thought I would tell them .. I wish I hadn't !! The computer said 'no' .. it did not recognise a 5 Seater SEL 4x4 so I must have had it modified ! I tried to explain that although not available to order now my model was available 2 years ago when I bought it. I ended up having to pass them several items of information from the V5 before they conceded and agreed to change the information on the system manually. Strangely the premium in doing so also went up by £20. Again more challenges .. How can it be more expensive to cover liability for 5 passengers than it would be for 7 ?
They agreed to honour my original renewal quote. I know I could have walked but generally I have found them very good value and with a very user friendly online facility.
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

Old and Grumpy

Re: Aviva Insurance - 'Computer says no' to my 5 seater

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:28 pm

"Computer says NO" and "user friendly online facility" seems to be a bit contradictory. :D

I have had a similar problem in the past, insurer didn't recognise a Superb 1.6TDI Greenline until I gave them the appropriate link to the Skoda website. Such fun! :lol:
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:56 pm

I have been with AVIVA for many years and their service is excellent.
I have just got a quote for my Karoq using the AVIVA Plus system (as advertised on tv) and the quote came out £45 CHEAPER than last year at £188. And last year it was AN SE L and this year it's an Edition. Which one would think would cost more as there is a lot more tech.
Cheapest with the Meercats was £233!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:56 pm
I have just got a quote for my Karoq using the AVIVA Plus system (as advertised on tv) and the quote came out £45 CHEAPER than last year at £188. And last year it was AN SE L and this year it's an Edition. Which one would think would cost more as there is a lot more tech.
More tech which is designed for safety, probably explains the cheaper price.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Don't they simply get the car spec from the registration plate? Mine do.*

*Yes they do but since my last Karoq, last year was an SE L and the current one is an Edition, I'm assuming they would have picked that up and as the Edition has more tech than the SE L and a mandatory panroof, I would have thought it would have been more expensive
They do charge £20 per alteration to the policy so maybe they tried that.**
**Not if you do it on line. I phoned them up to tell them the day I wa sgoing to do the swap and as long as you are P/X'ing one car for another, thy cover BOTH cars for 24 hours from the time of the exchange. I am not aware that I have ever been charged for an alteration. Certainly not for the aforementioned change.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:33 am

For whatever reason, my car is registered as a 7 seater. I’ll have to check with my insurer about that.
BW32 2017 Kodiaq 190TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey + Sirius rims, 5yr Warranty, Sunroof, Sleep Pack, Rear Heated Seats, Driver Profiles
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:34 am

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:11 pm
Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:56 pm
More tech which is designed for safety, probably explains the cheaper price.
That is what I have assumed.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi.
If any one does have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”