Petition to remove £40k VED charge

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Re: Petition to remove £40k VED charge

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 pm

It wasn't a question of having people that didn't WANT to be in the forces.
They didn't worry about that in the 50's all men HAD to do 2 years. Aged 18-22.
After the 2 years, those that enjoyed it could stay on all those that hated left and did their own thing.
What it did was teach all young men to stand on their own two feet and sorted out a lot of delinquents.
I therefore have to disagree with the people you spoke to, stinks of can't be bothered with the aggro of dealing with the 'square pegs!'
The Falklands veteran ( for all of whom, I hold the greatest regard having a friend who was on Galahad and luckily survived) was obviously not alive in the days of conscription and neither would be the 'Top Brass' of today so neither would know what a good idea it was.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

SkodaVRS1963

Re: Petition to remove £40k VED charge

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 pm

The flaw in your argument is attitudes; the youth of the 1950s would have been considerably better behaved than the vast majority of the 18-22 year olds in 2019. I don't like crude generalisations so I won't tar every single one of today's youth as a deadbeat but you get the gist.

It's quite a nice point as well because it touches on one of the other things discussed in this topic, namely teachers and pay; I imagine that a teacher in the 1950s had a very cushy life compared to his/her 2019 counterpart!
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”