1.5 TSI Update Please

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
old man

Re: 1.5 TSI Update Please

Post by old man » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:37 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 am
Maximum 'nose' weight on the Kodiaq tow bar is 80Kg.

100 kgs for the 5 seater.

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:51 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
And effectively less with a bike rack as the load is at a distance from the car.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Indeed but that is for a trailer hitch bearing down directing on the tow ball. A bike rack is a moment on the tow ball, not a vertical force, and the maximum mass allowed diminishes rapidly below 100kg as the centre of gravity of the combined bike mass moves back from the car. You can't put 100kg of bike and carrier on the tow ball. I found I would be lucky to get three 15kg bikes on the tow ball and four bikes was beyond the spec but it depends on the precise carrier design and how you manage to pack the bikes together to minimise the centre of mass distance from the hitch. I did some calculations and it was disappointing. It is interesting that the carrier sold by Skoda is I think, according to the dealer I phoned, only a two bike carrier.

I suppose there are three moments in play with regard to the towing hitch: the moment about the tow ball itself, the moment about the point the tow bar assembly fixes to the car and the moment about the rear axle. I wonder which limit is reached first?
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:46 pm

old man wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:13 am
As I mentioned in a previous post, this is also my first auto in over 50 years. Based on my 10 months of ownership, I'd be surprised if you regretted getting a DSG.
My Kodiaq VRS is the first auto I've driven in over 30 years.

The only thing (in my opinion) you have to watch out for is stop-start.......it's actually very disconcerting when you pull up at a busy junction where you really need to "create" a gap that isn't there (otherwise you'll sit there for 15 minutes because your average Brit will *not* have the common courtesy to let you out)........taking your foot off of the brake and hitting the accelerator when the stop-start is active does mean you get flashed/honked at because of the lag while the engine kicks into life.

I now turn the stop/start off as soon as I get into the car.

Otherwise, the DSG box is lovely, I'm in 7th gear before I've hit 40mph and yet I'm struggling to get 35mpg :shock:

Still, the VRS is a lovely car, nothing but compliments from everyone who's seen (and heard) it.
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

JasperVelders

Post by JasperVelders » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:47 pm

I usually don't have my foot on the brake, as the auto hold keeps the brake on. To get the engine going, you can move the steering wheel to wake up the engine. Gives me enough time to pull out relatively quickly.
Ordered on 8/1/19
1.5TSI 150PS DSG, Edition 7 seat, virtual cockpit, tri-zone climate, ventilated seats, heated windscreen, area view, park assist, traffic sign recognition, canton sound, drive assistance pack, child pack, sleep pack

asultan

Post by asultan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:53 am

I did the upgrade yesterday. It is about TPI 2054430/3, released on Sept 3rd.

I owe a VW Tiguan 1.5 TSI DSG, 2019, week 20, with a DADA engine, ECU 05E 906 018 AF.
I have updated the software version from 7418 to 9834

The things have improved from the Roo perspective, the issue is not entirely fixed. It is just harder to reproduce. (sad face)

My OBDeleven device shows a change in terms of the rpms at idle. I.e. it now shows ~930 rpm, instead of ~800 as it was previously if I am not mistaken.

So, I am not sure if I am delivering good or bad news. The car behaves better, but I am not happy with the rpm settings change. I am not sure if I want to fight more with the dealer and VAG. Maybe I will, I don't know.

As a side note, if you don't know already, some people were advised to run 1000 km (600 miles) before the fix is fully functional. I don't think it will change in time, but let's see.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”