Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Suspension differences across trim levels

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LordJellybelly 
#1 ·
Hi,

I understand DCC provides a softer feel on "normal" but I'm expecting to order a L&K 19" rims without DCC and don't want to go too soft.

I test drove a sport line (with DCC) last week that was a fab ride even on the 20" wheels, the dealer said that sport line has a more sporty suspension setup but I expected that all the trim levels have the same suspension setup?

Cheers,
Matt

#2 ·
I have a Sportline on order and I am still oscillating between 19" Triglav (standard) and 20" Vega (extra) alloys. My dealer says that all Kodiaq versions have the same suspension setup, the only difference is the DCC. It means that the ride on 20" is not very comfortable, even with DCC. And the roads in my region are far from being perfect.

#3 ·
Thanks for your comments.

From my test drive the 20" with DCC was perfectly fine. A Tiguan all space R-Line on 20" rims was much more skitty and bumpy.
Personally I prefer 19" for comfort and price of tyres, some may prefer the look of 20".

I currently run 19" run flats on a M Sport BMW with third party lowered springs which is still fine for my family.

#4 ·
Drove the RS with it's 'RS tuned suspension' and it felt quite similar to my Kodiaq on 19's and basically the same as the Sportline on 20's.

#5 ·
You guys must have very sensitive arses to differentiate various suspension set ups so clearly. Or perhaps I`m just pleased that I can flop on the seat and waft over most London streets. And to think that in 2000 I was driving a red TR6; must be getting old

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.