Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Recent Delivery Issues (March 19)

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Marcus 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I was told 3 weeks ago that my car had landed in the UK and that it should be fine for a pick up at the end of March. After booking a one way rail ticket and hotel (we are travelling from Scotland) I have been told there are issues at the Port.......

Anyone else experiencing the same, any ideas to resolve?

Any help appreciated.

M

#3 ·
Hi - Sheffield.

I shopped around for the best deal and Edinburgh were much more expensive! I was happy to travel and make a family trip out of the pick up.

M

#4 ·
Hi Marcus, I was told mine would arrive and be mine for March 1st, it wasn't even in the country and until 4th March then it sat at Tyne port for just under 3 weeks!! Picked it up last Thursday. Gave my dealer pretty much an ultimatum after 3 weeks delayed, I said MOT due end of March if it's not ready for collection within a week cancel my order and I'll look elsewhere. Seems that shove must have worked because a couple days later it arrived at dealers.

#5 ·
Thanks Kenny, much appreciated. We will have to see how this pans out...I am heading down south tomorrow and if it does not arrive, I have asked for a courtesy car or to cover my costs!

Cheers and hope it was worth the wait.

M

#6 ·
There is apparently a HUGH backlog at Grimsby and a stockpile of cars due to Brexit! not great if you are expecting a new car anytime soon!!

#7 ·
Ordered my Kodiaq on 17th Feb 2019. Was then told it had a week 20 build. Contacted dealer today and been told its now a week 23 build. If it does get built on week 23 the dealer thinks it will be with them mid July 2019

#8 ·
Marcus said:
There is apparently a HUGH backlog at Grimsby and a stockpile of cars due to Brexit! not great if you are expecting a new car anytime soon!!
Because Brexit is to be blamed for everything? What a load nonsense. There is no reason anything to do with Brexit would be delaying cars already imported at the docks and probably wouldn't be stopping exports either.

#9 ·
Hi eLTe, yes apparently so! It is a straightforward one and been widely reported on. There will be an uplift in income duty post brexit (just use google) so a lot of manufacturers have apparently been trying to get as many cars onto UK soil as possible.

I am only relaying what I have been told, but certainly don't believe it all....makes a little sense but why they can't shift them straight out to the dealers, I have no idea! Lack of transport? Logistics at port....who the feck knows! I am just pixxed off as i don't have a car....😡

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.