Area view camera - what is normal?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
caines

Area view camera - what is normal?

Post by caines » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi all,

We have the area view camera, but I am getting conflicting info (from dealer) as to what it is meant to do...and not meant to do!
Can anyone on here advise?

1. Do the front and/ or rear sensors beep without you being in camera mode? (mine have once...but thats all). Dealer thinks the beeps should work automatically at low speed. We trialled this with driving towards bins in drive and the garage door and no beeping. In my mind, the beeps only work when the car is in camera mode.

2. See attached. What do the blue lines in the front camera view mean? I thought they mean that is the space you can fit through but the dealer says its not....but cant tell me what they do mean!

3. See attached. I have had the attached view pop up only a couple of times. It is usually an image of the actual car I see, not a schematic like this. How do I choose to see this view?

4. After being in reverse (and seeing rear view) I then go into drive (auto) but the rear view camera stays on until I hit a decent speed. Is this normal?

Id really appreciate your thoughts on my queries above!

Many thanks

caines

Re: Area view camera - what is normal?

Post by caines » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Aargh. I don't think my attachments are...attached. I've done it twice now.
Any tips as to how to add jpegs so you know what I am on about??
Thanks

Daddy2Bears

Re: Area view camera - what is normal?

Post by Daddy2Bears » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Caines,

Can't see your attachments but:

1) mine beeps without the camera coming on switching to front camera. But, they can be silenced so it may be a setting, see parkpilot in the manual
2) According to the manual, The area in front of the vehicle is marked by the blue orientation lines.
4) This is normal, think it's 15km/h
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select
Various VAG-COM tweaks

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”