My 180BHP 2.00 TSI Edition experience

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
LordJellybelly

My 180BHP 2.00 TSI Edition experience

Post by LordJellybelly » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:50 pm

There has been a huge response to the 190 model experience and its interesting to read contrasting experiences of the same car. I suppose that much of those differences have to be put down to driver experience of previous cars and expectations. I had been driving a 1996 Mercedes E320 convertible for 11 years when I decided that it was too low for comfort access and too restricting for the few times I needed back seat passengers or luggage. After much thought a year ago I decided to treat myself to a brand new car for the first time since I was 21. It was delivered in June. Apart from the rarely working kick open auto hatch my expectations have been exceeded. The comfort up front is superb. A few hundred miles through Normandy with less than a thousand on the clock was effortless. Cabin was silent at 70+MPH. No trouble with air flow around mirrors. The gear box in comfort mode (D) changed without fuss and at suitable revs most of the time. Kick down was instant as was switching to Sport. Tall rear seat passengers have room to spare upwards and forwards. Space with rear seats up or down enormous for purpose. The modern gadgetry works......wipers, lights and ACC. My only complaint is the navigation system. It should be better than Google maps but it`s worse. But would I like my money back and spend it on another eg Honda Lexus Toyota or Mercedes equivalents..........NO! :D
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

DaveM

Re: My 180BHP 2.00 TSI Edition experience

Post by DaveM » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Mine’s a 1.4, but much of what you say applies. I just wonder (after the A124 Benz): what do you think of the ride quality?
I still have my 1995 E220 convertible, and when I use it heave a huge sigh at the magic carpet ride! The Kodiaq’s jitteriness is the one thing that I find disappointing

I recently hired a Peugeot 5008 in Italy, and as I drove from the airport the ride was so smooth I was thinking I’d bought the wrong car. After 53 miles and a relaxed dinner, though, we unloaded and discovered we’d left a suitcase in the hire-car pick-up car park. We rang the hire car office, who got it, but told us they would soon close ...

Cue 53 miles of small Italian country roads in “spirited” driving! And it was awful. Leaning, vague direction control, strange weight shifting as I braked for corners, and a sharp sideways jump if the front wheels encountered a ridge in the road surface during a corner. Now I know the compromise, I’m back in love with the Kodiaq!
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Gnockov

Post by Gnockov » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm

We have had our 2.0 TSI Sportline since August last year. Bought it as a demonstrator with 1800 miles and six weeks old with a substantial saving so already feeling benevolent towards it.

It has exceeded my expectations. Very comfortable, loads of room and have even used the rearmost seats for seven of us to go to the pub. I was a bit concerned about the ride with big wheels, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

I have added Roof Bars to take my Thule Roofbox and bought a boot liner on a recommendation from here.

I was also a bit concerned that my wife wouldn't get on with it due to the size, but again she finds it very easy to drive and loves the thing.

I do have a degree of angst re fuel consumption, but was aware of what it would be when I chose the engine. I have found though, that it will take another 5 litres after the pump has clicked off which then means the gauge doesn't move off the full stop quite as quick.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TSI DSG, Sportline, 7 seats

CEL321

Post by CEL321 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 pm

Had my 2.0 TSI Scout since May. Used mostly for long journeys and delighted with it. Loads of room for two dogs in the back - rearmost seats permanently folded down. Mine replaced a Range Rover Sport and I do sometimes miss the torque of the 3.0l V6 diesel but value for money the Skoda wins every time.

ACC on long motorway journeys is great. Makes for a lovely smooth, relaxed journey.
2.0 TSI Scout. Driver Assistance package and Dynamic Chassis Control

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:39 am

Got mine from stock last May. 13000 miles now and still loving it. I hope the people that are now getting the 190 version aren't being short-changed.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”