Kodiaq RS Test Drive Thoughts

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Zach

Kodiaq RS Test Drive Thoughts

Post by Zach » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:26 am

To sum it all up in one sentence, the Kodiaq RS is a great car, but somewhat undeserving of the RS moniker.

Don't get me wrong, the power addition is definitely noticeable, but after 100kph, the power delivery was fairly similar to my Kodiaq 190PS TDI. Doesn't feel perkier than my K either. The 'dynamic sound boost' is super cool though, sounds like an Audi RS3 5cyl. If you've got the 19" rims, you won't feel that much difference to the 20" rims on the "RS tuned" DCC suspension - the suspension feels exactly like the Sportline w/ DCC & 20" Vegas.

The RS will be approx. 20k exchange cost, which would be covered by selling an unused car that's been sitting on my driveway. I've decided on spec - Brilliant Silver w/ roof wrapped in black, and the ugly Xtreme rims swapped with the Vegas. Rim choice will be subject to seeing what the new 'Ignite' rims look like though. In New Zealand, the only options you can add are the factory fit towbar and sunroof. I'll be getting both. Have a picture of what it'll look like below.

Happy to answer any questions about the RS.

BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Kodiaq RS Test Drive Thoughts

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:18 am

Zach wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:26 am

To sum it all up in one sentence, the Kodiaq RS is a great car, but somewhat undeserving of the RS moniker.

Don't get me wrong, the power addition is definitely noticeable, but after 100kph, the power delivery was fairly similar to my Kodiaq 190PS TDI. Doesn't feel perkier than my K either. The 'dynamic sound boost' is super cool though, sounds like an Audi RS3 5cyl. If you've got the 19" rims, you won't feel that much difference to the 20" rims on the "RS tuned" DCC suspension - the suspension feels exactly like the Sportline w/ DCC & 20" Vegas.

The RS will be approx. 20k exchange cost, which would be covered by selling an unused car that's been sitting on my driveway. I've decided on spec - Brilliant Silver w/ roof wrapped in black, and the ugly Xtreme rims swapped with the Vegas. Rim choice will be subject to seeing what the new 'Ignite' rims look like though. In New Zealand, the only options you can add are the factory fit towbar and sunroof. I'll be getting both. Have a picture of what it'll look like below.

Happy to answer any questions about the RS.

When I drove one a few weeks ago I wasn’t impressed enough to spend the quite sizeable lump extra cash. I would agree it’s a little too soft to be a ‘proper’ vRS. Based on the ‘proper’ vRS (I had the Octavia vRS previously) is not as aggressive as some others (Audi S series and BMW M series) then having a softer version of a soft sports model didn’t seem like it was worth it.

That and because the Sportline isn’t significantly different in looks I decided to go for that and save £7k (and the vRS isn’t on the PHC in the U.K. at the moment so I would have had to move to PHP). I must admit I was annoyed when they launched the Octavia Sportline as it didn’t look a great deal different to my vRS., a few things that people who knew the car could spot but not the average punter.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”