Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

L&K colour choice

17K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  KodiaqBuyer 
#1 ·
Hi all, first post here. I'm about to pull the trigger on an L&K. However. I'm stuck about the colour. Does anybody have any photos of the car in the darkest grey and petrol blue?

Also, any L&K owners on here?

#6 ·
My Edition is quartz grey and the Sportline I have on order is also quartz grey so you can guess I like quartz grey.

These things are very subjective, the family liked the Petrol blue allot when they saw it in the showroom but I really didnt. Luckily the Sportline is not available in that colour so it wasnt an issue.

It has been mentioned allot on the forum about colour choices or more exactly lack of them. I'm pleased the lost the jungle green as that was awful when clean and even worse when dirty.

Personally Quartz grey over petrol blue, no comment on beige interiors as I dont like them but once again its personal, it maybe the word beige that puts me off.

#7 ·
Not the L&K, but I went with Petrol Blue and beige interior on my SEL and love the combination - feels special every time we get in.

Ideally I wanted a more vibrant blue, something like the VRS models have used previously, and was disappointed with the colour palette available when I ordered in late 2017...took delivery in March 2018 and been pleased with the colour......cleans up beautifully when I get around to it.

Attachments

#8 ·
KodiaqBuyer said:
Thanks, both those are quite smart. I'm certainly leaning towards the blue, but haven't been able to see one. The wheels are lighter than the spec suggested, they listed them as anthracite, they look silver to me.
Not anthracite on mine, just lovely shinny alloys. Shows up great with the blue, especially in the sun.

#9 ·
sparkymark said:
Not the L&K, but I went with Petrol Blue and beige interior on my SEL and love the combination - feels special every time we get in.

Ideally I wanted a more vibrant blue, something like the VRS models have used previously, and was disappointed with the colour palette available when I ordered in late 2017...took delivery in March 2018 and been pleased with the colour......cleans up beautifully when I get around to it.
Thanks, nice photos. Looks good in the sun. Need to make my mind up by Wednesday. It'll most likely be that blue.

#14 ·
That's not an L&K, no chrome grill and plastic lower bumpers. It looks like petrol blue though, the lighting is a bit too dark to see it clearly. Regardless, I feel quartz grey is the nicer colour.

#15 ·
Zach said:
markymate said:
Green tinge???? Must be that New Zealand sun :lol:
I reckon there's a very slight green/aqua/cerulean tinge to the blue. It's not a straight midnight blue ala Audi.
I agree, there is an odd tinge to the colour in bright lights, but I'm going for teal blue (Pantone 17-5024) rather than cerulean blue.

#16 ·
FoxtrotAlpha said:
Zach said:
markymate said:
Green tinge???? Must be that New Zealand sun :lol:
I reckon there's a very slight green/aqua/cerulean tinge to the blue. It's not a straight midnight blue ala Audi.
I agree, there is an odd tinge to the colour in bright lights, but I'm going for teal blue (Pantone 17-5024) rather than cerulean blue.
Ah yes, teal was the colour I was thinking of. Glad I'm not the only one that found the tinge to the colour - thought I was going mad for a moment!

#17 ·
Zach said:
FoxtrotAlpha said:
Zach said:
Ah yes, teal was the colour I was thinking of. Glad I'm not the only one that found the tinge to the colour - thought I was going mad for a moment!
I wouldn't rule out insanity just yet but Quartz grey is my preference.

#21 ·
This is Lava blue (petrol blue) Kodiaq...not L&K version though.

I've got my L&K in Petrol Blue, but for the moment sitting in the garage, not picked up yet...so I can't make the "real-world" photos yet.

#23 ·
Lava blue is french name for Petrol blue ;) Same color...it just changes a bit with the light (obviously at the car show, they had a lot of direct light pointing on cars).

Here's my car (still wrapped) in the rainy weather and bad photo quality (phone):

#24 ·
I find this color really nice, as it "shines up" a lot in the sunshine.

In rainy weather it looks a lot darker and more dull, but not more dull than all the "shades of grey" or shades of monochrome colors (black/white/business grey, quartz grey etc). Skoda sell around 80% of cars in black/white/grey colors, 10 % in Blue and the remaining 10% is the rest combined (green, red, brown, etc...)

#25 ·
sidzej said:
Lava blue is french name for Petrol blue ;) Same color...it just changes a bit with the light (obviously at the car show, they had a lot of direct light pointing on cars).

Here's my car (still wrapped) in the rainy weather and bad photo quality (phone):

Thank you for that, the difference with the L&K is the lack of a black plastic skirt, so whilst Petrol Blue doesn't work with a standard car, it should with the L&K.

Didn't like Quartz Grey in the flesh, felt too dull to me. Quite liked magic black, but I think blue is going to win out

#26 ·
Zach said:
FoxtrotAlpha said:
Zach said:
That's it, I'm off to Specsavers in the morning :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.