Whistle sound from passenger mirror

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Robbie_Utd

Whistle sound from passenger mirror

Post by Robbie_Utd » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi I have recently purchased a 2018 diesel in Melbourne and it is a fantastic vehicle apart from a very annoying high pitch whistle noise from the passenger mirror. Two Skoda dealers have regonised the fault however Skoda has replied with it is a characteristic of the vehicle and there no fix for it, hence both dealers are not wanting to assist as they will not be getting paid to do so and nor do I feel like I should be the one to do so.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Where is this whistle sound coming from on or in the mirror, I have gone through a roll of tape trying to pin point it without any luck!

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Whistle sound from passenger mirror

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 pm

Quite a few reviews mention adverse wind noise at speed from the door mirrors but it not that noticeable on ours.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

J-R

Post by J-R » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:57 pm

I have mine about a month now, I haven't noticed this.
JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

Robbie_Utd

Post by Robbie_Utd » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:05 am

Ok so I spent an hour today trying to locate the whistle with foam tape and applying it to suspicious areas of the mirror and I located it! It is on the bottom corner where the colour mould meets the housing, so if Skoda haven’t been prepared to help then maybe I should pass them my bill for the time I spent doing their job!
If anyone has the same issue I’d be happy to share.
I’ll be going back to dealer with the tape on the mirror to show them, let’s see what they do.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:30 am

Good luck with that! Skoda like all other manufacturers never take responsibility.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm

If the tape stops the noise, perhaps some subtler infill will, too?
Can you please post a pic showing what you did?
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Robbie_Utd

Post by Robbie_Utd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:02 am

See below pic, look for the black felt on the bottom left.

8A4DEC54-AAF6-45CB-8B2B-2C3BEFE6C06B.jpeg

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am

Perhaps a little bit of clear bathroom sealant or the like which would also be easily removable?

I'd 3d print a part and test it if I saw any sign of the problem on my car. Anyone else want to design the part and I'll print a few test pieces?
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:52 am

Never heard this on my "Bear", and perhaps even more significantly, SWMBO hasn't heard it either! Since she can hear a sparrow f**t in a noisy pub I don't think I have a need for a 3D printed accessory
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:52 am
Never heard this on my "Bear", and perhaps even more significantly, SWMBO hasn't heard it either! Since she can hear a sparrow f**t in a noisy pub I don't think I have a need for a 3D printed accessory
It might be that we are all of an age where we no longer hear high frequencies, although I always manage to hear ‘what you drinking’ at any frequency :roll:
Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors, mud flaps, personalisation, space saver wheel

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”