My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
PhilBate

Re: My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

Post by PhilBate » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm

I too collected my 2.0 TSi DSG on Friday 1st and I'll report back after a few weeks. I've had automatics for several years so I'm used to them. So far (45 miles) it feels just fine!
High Wycombe
(On order from 27 March 2018 delivered 1st March 2019) 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4 7 Seat Edition, Petrol Blue, Front/Rear sensors, Spare wheel, Heated Screen + Jets, Rear Camera, CANTON sound, Media Command and Aluminium pedals.

tricky

Post by tricky » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 am

Put a few hundred miles on the Kodiaq over the last few days with a mixture of A road, motorway and twisty B roads as part of a family trip, average MPG for the trip was 33.9mpg which given the car being new and heavily loaded isn't too bad but still short of what I hope it will be as an average.

Car is a great motorway cruiser, handling wise its not a sports car but it coped with the twisty roads relatively well.

Downside is it has reinforced my initial thinking, the DSG gearbox is crap and engine is very gruff over 4K rpm - not much point in going that far though as there isn't a lot of go, engine is much better suited to low speed lugging where it has plenty of torque and feels much quieter - wonder if removing the under bonnet sound deadening the 180TSI had makes the 190TSI feel noisier.

Engine note I can live with, gearbox I couldn't, i'm now grateful the Kodiaq is my wifes daily driver and not mine as I couldn't live with it every day.
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:00 pm

I have the 190 DSG all whistles and bells, almost all, it was a ex demo ,2800 on the clock, It now has 7500 in July 2 years old, I have owned it 19months. It is the first automatic I have owned, I love it.
I bought it for pulling my caravan, it does it effortlessly , its very quiet, smooth, very quick when not with the van. It is not as economical as I thought, but the ride, the comfort, the room, more than compensates for the economy . I have tried the other drive mode settings, but leave it in normal, its given a few BMWs a fright. :D :lol: :lol:

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Damson2GiN wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:00 pm
I have the 190 DSG all whistles and bells, almost all, it was a ex demo ,2800 on the clock, It now has 7500 in July 2 years old, I have owned it 19months. It is the first automatic I have owned, I love it.
I bought it for pulling my caravan, it does it effortlessly , its very quiet, smooth, very quick when not with the van. It is not as economical as I thought, but the ride, the comfort, the room, more than compensates for the economy . I have tried the other drive mode settings, but leave it in normal, its given a few BMWs a fright. :D :lol: :lol:
No you dont. You either have 2.0 tsi with 180bhp or a diesel with 190bhp. Both with a different gearbox than the one in 2.0 tsi 190bhp.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

tricky

Post by tricky » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm

The worst bit for me is encouraging it to actually get off the line within a second or two of me pressing the accelerator (delay from a standstill is intolerable). Only way around it would be to hold it on the brake with the left foot whilst pressing the accelerator in anticipation of moving which I can't imagine would be good for a clutch....
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm

No you dont. You either have 2.0 tsi with 180bhp or a diesel with 190bhp. Both with a different gearbox than the one in 2.0 tsi 190bhp. Skodiaq DK I have a 180bhp Edition petrol and have no complaints re the DSG gearbox. What exactly is the difference you`re referring to?
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:18 pm

The new 190 TSI has the DQ 381 DSG gearbox the old 2.0 TSI 180 has the DQ 500.
By all accounts the 190 TSI GPF with the DQ381 gearbox is “having issues “
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

tricky

Post by tricky » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:57 pm

I don't think its an issue per se, just the way its been programmed in the Kodiaq as its the same gearbox as in the Golf R (the DQ381).

Nothing wrong with it at all if you want a nice relaxing drive, but if you want something sporty then you have to stick it in sport mode (both gearbox and drive mode select) and even then you need to preload the gearbox to get it to move when you want it to from a standstill. In sport mode etc, once its moving its fine. Manual mode is fine whilst moving but same problem trying to get out of a junction quickly etc when stationary.

Kingly

Post by Kingly » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:03 pm

I’ve not really noticed anything bad to shout out about at all. It’s been very pleasant to drive and I’ve found if I’ve put my foot down it’s more than responsive. Granted I’ve only had it for a week but I’m happy so far!
!It’s here! Collected 1/3/19 - Quartz Grey, 2.0 TSI Sportline 4x4 DSG. Heated windscreen/jets, front and rear parking sensors, rear seat release, Canton sound system, running boards.

Kodiaklk

Post by Kodiaklk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Anybody else aquired the 2l 190 TSI this week, just about to place an order for an LK and would love to hear other experiences.
LK, 2.0 190 Tsi Quartz Grey, Black interior, 360 camera trailer/towbar assist, Driver Pack, Kids Pack, Sleep Pack, DCC, Seat Release, Tablet, Crew Protection, Per. Driving Mode, ventilated seats, rear tables.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”