My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
tricky

Re: My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

Post by tricky » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Not played with individual mode thus far but it definitely resets to normal from sports mode (although if you change the mode it also resets the settings for stop/start).

Will try individual mode next when my wife lets me near it lol
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:44 pm

When driving mode is put into "sport", does the gearbox then automatically go to sport as well?
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

rusuionut

Post by rusuionut » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:35 am

@SkodiaqDK and others that have the new 2.0 TSI 190 engine: if you could go back in time, would you pick the same engine ?

I’m very actively monitoring this thread because i was decided to go with tsi instead of tdi and now i’m i’m not so sure anymore :) I think your feedback here is a huge help for the community

tricky

Post by tricky » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm

The engine is a bit gruff and sounds very much like a diesel at idle (direct injection petrol engines usually do), but it pulls well at low revs (almost drives like a diesel but with an extra 3000rpm to use if you get bored :-) ). As long as you have drive mode select then that fixes most of the problems with the engine. Gearbox itself isn't very good (I have a ZF 8 speed auto in my other car and its lightyears ahead), very difficult to move a few inches if you just want to move in the parking space for example, but that's a DSG issue so the same regardless of petrol or diesel if you have the auto. You do need to turn off stop/start and autohold for it to be driveable though and sport mode really helps.

I would buy the engine again but wish it had a manual gearbox, would be a lot more pleasant.
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 am

Dont really feel any gruff, but maybe it is because tricky is in "sport"?

I'm not impressed by the DSG gearbox. I believe my mondeo 6 gear automatic was better, at least when driving slow in the city. Maybe dsg is better / more smooth on the highway.

I was looking for a SUV with a decent gasoline engine, 4x4 and automatic gear, and in the kodiaq price-range there are not many alternatives.(besides tiguan allspace / tarraco of course). I've considered XC60 and BMW X3, but both are much more expensive here in Denmark, and at least for VOLVO you only get 2 year warranty (here). I'm not impressed by that. More expensive car, less warranty and probably higher service costs.

I feel it is less jerky now than to begin with. Maybe the engine just needs to run some miles. Or maybe the engine is not happy with outside temperatures below 0°C.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

tricky

Post by tricky » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm

SkodiaqDK, to be fair im probably being a little harsh on the Kodiaq on the basis that ive not spend much time with cars with 4 cylinder engines since the 1990's so its probably par for the course.

Agree entirely on the reason to go for the Kodiaq though, once I had decided on a 7 seater the options where incredibly limited with the Kodiaq (and the 2.0 TSI) being the best of the bunch by a considerable margin. Everything else was either considerably more expensive or nowhere near as good. Genuinely though, if the 2.0TSI was available as a manual, I would actually pay a premium for it over the DSG regardless of it being city or highway driving.

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm

I'd love to hear the thoughts of anyone who has access to both a MY18 and a MY19 car. I have the MY18 2.0 TSi and I really don't recognise the issues being reported. I love it! Possibly thats because I have different expectations? Or is the new engine (and gearbox?) really inferior?
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

tricky

Post by tricky » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:56 pm

I don't think there is much in it engine wise (I did test drive a MY18 2.0 TSI), despite it being a claimed 0.5 seconds quicker to 60 I cant remember much difference if i'm honest performance wise (you would probably need to drive them back to back and even then you might find production tolerances mean you could easily get a quick MY18 that's faster than a slower MY19 but we are talking fractions anyway, fuel consumption is right where I expected it to be for the MY19 (no way I can compare this with the MY18). Gearbox, if there is a difference its down to software rather than the hardware as the same gearbox is used in Golf R (DQ381) and I don't see many people complaining about it in that situation (DQ500 is just a slightly stronger version of the same gearbox I believe).

My gut feel is that in normal modes, Skoda have wound back things for MY19 models to get better MPG out of the gearbox and engine for WLTP testing by making it have slower responses, in sport modes it feels okay though.

wheelwright

Post by wheelwright » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:04 pm

@rusuionut, the next week or so your going to see more opinions on the 190 engine as many like me are waiting for March delivery.
I only went for the 2.0tsi as I felt the 1.5 would be underpowered for the Kodiaqs size & I don't do the mileage to warrant the diesel.
Ordered 20.7.18 delivery 1.3.19
Black magic 2.0tsi SEL 7 Seats 190 4x4 dsg
Beige heated leather front & rear
Heated steering wheel, Folding tables
Remote folding rear seats,
19" Black Gloss Triglav alloys

Kingly

Post by Kingly » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:10 am

I picked up my 2.0 TSI DSG yesterday so will see how I find it over the next few days. My first automatic car though so may take a bit of getting used to!
!It’s here! Collected 1/3/19 - Quartz Grey, 2.0 TSI Sportline 4x4 DSG. Heated windscreen/jets, front and rear parking sensors, rear seat release, Canton sound system, running boards.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”