My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
tricky

Re: My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

Post by tricky » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 am

I wonder if you can enable drive mode through coding? You may not have the button but its available to select on the Columbus unit as well. If people can retrofit reverse cameras etc it cant be too difficult to code (and fit the button if needed).
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:27 am

Have You checked normal mode?

Driving mode select can be retrofitted with OE parts, BUT my dealer will (for now) not be a part of it! And i have not paid for 3 years extra warranty, for them to say it is not valid because of a purchase that makes the car drive acceptable.

"Eco Mode (Driving Mode Select)
One of the modes offered by the Driving Mode Selection system is Eco – a mode for environmentally conscious drivers who make economical driving a priority. A specific feature of the Eco mode is coasting mode in cars with automatic DSG transmission. Coasting mode is used when you are driving without your foot on the accelerator."

http://www.skoda.ie/models/kodiaq/kodia ... al-details
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

tricky

Post by tricky » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Sorry, had to wait for my wife to bring the Kodiaq back lol.

Eco flashes up in normal mode as well.
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:16 pm

tricky wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:58 pm
Sorry, had to wait for my wife to bring the Kodiaq back lol.

Eco flashes up in normal mode as well.
OK. thanks

What about the drive in normal. Good enough? Or is sport the only one that works?
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

tricky

Post by tricky » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:33 pm

With autohold and auto stop off it's just about ok in normal mode. Sport mode is better but it's not night and day different but at least it doesn’t coast, it almost needs a sport plus mode unfortunately.

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 pm

tricky wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:33 pm
With autohold and auto stop off it's just about ok in normal mode. Sport mode is better but it's not night and day different but at least it doesn’t coast, it almost needs a sport plus mode unfortunately.
I never see "ECO" in normal mode in my MY18 2.0 TSI. It almost sounds like that the "normal" mode in the MY19 car uses the settings of the MY18 "Economy" and the new "sport" is equivalent to "normal in the old model.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:54 pm

@tricky
perhaps you could get a passenger to video your driving experience (maybe with the dashboard in view?) so the rest of us can see how it is for you.
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Normal mode should be renamed "WLTP-MODE".

Regarding driving mode selection. - Does the car then remember the last used "mode"?

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:35 pm

SkodiaqDK wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:17 pm
Normal mode should be renamed "WLTP-MODE".
Regarding driving mode selection. - Does the car then remember the last used "mode"?
Do you mean in the MY18 car? I always leave it in "Normal" so I couldn't say for sure - but I think I've seen threads on here complaining about it NOT remembering the selection.

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:11 pm

SkodiaqDK wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:17 pm

I have individual mode selected on mine, with the steering set to sports mode, and my April 18 SEL certainly remembers this setting.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”