My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
markymate

Re: My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

Post by markymate » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Oopps wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 am
Picked my 2.0 TSI SEL up on Wednesday and have to say I'm utterly underwhelmed by the engine and gearbox. Even in sport mode it has a lot of lag and stop start is downright dangerous in the delay in restarting etc. Every other car restarts when you start to release the brake pedal, this one only starts once you have put your foot back on the accelerator.

Also suspect they are the smallest 190 horses they could find....

Rest of the car is great, Interior is very nice but unless this engine loosens up a lot I don't think it will be staying too long.
The engine will re-start if you gently tug on the steering wheel. As for the lag, I brought the RaceChip XLR. Five minutes to fit, good bye throttle lag :D
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Hmm. Felt jumpy again today.

What about you Oopps? You feel it is a comfortable car to drive when engine is cold and you drive slow in the city?
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

Kodiconvert

Post by Kodiconvert » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Have you tried using premium fuel?. I find it makes a difference in my cars (not Kodiaq yet). Even my wife’s Fiat Panda was noticeably better running on 98 octane.
31/01/19. Ordered Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TSI 190 DSG 4x4 in metallic petrol blue with beige interior
14 options added
Expect to collect early May

Living in Somerset UK

wheelwright

Post by wheelwright » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Anybody got any good news about the 190tsi engine?
Ordered 20.7.18 delivery 1.3.19
Black magic 2.0tsi SEL 7 Seats 190 4x4 dsg
Beige heated leather front & rear
Heated steering wheel, Folding tables
Remote folding rear seats,
19" Black Gloss Triglav alloys

tricky

Post by tricky » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:27 pm

SkodiaqDK , no problems at all when the Kodiaq is cold (but to be fair we are talking 2 - 12 degrees since I've picked it up here in the UK so not exactly Nordic cold lol).

Its starting to loosen up, with autohold off, sport mode enabled, stop start switched off its actually almost responsive (although crazy you have to spend so long messing with settings to get it to the point where it drives ok). I can only think they have set it up out of the box to scrape as much from an economy and emissions perspective as possible.

Off the mark its quite nippy although once you hit about 60mph performance tails off noticeably, probably because of the large frontal area but it does sound a little too much like a diesel - probably because its direct injection.

I've also found that all of the seats are hard work to move around - hopefully with a little bit of use they will also loosen up but sliding the seats forwards or backwards (middle row especially) takes some effort right now. Standard stereo is very average audio wise, but Columbus unit is a gadget freaks delight - so much more to play with than my BMW but the Kodiaq's interior is beautiful.

Averaging 28mpg so far (mostly round town) so a little below my 340i but not bad for such a big car and I believe it will only get better.

If I had the choice on engines again - would still stick with the 2.0 TSI.
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:15 pm

tricky wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:27 pm
SkodiaqDK , no problems at all when the Kodiaq is cold (but to be fair we are talking 2 - 12 degrees since I've picked it up here in the UK so not exactly Nordic cold lol).

Its starting to loosen up, with autohold off, sport mode enabled, stop start switched off its actually almost responsive (although crazy you have to spend so long messing with settings to get it to the point where it drives ok). I can only think they have set it up out of the box to scrape as much from an economy and emissions perspective as possible.

Off the mark its quite nippy although once you hit about 60mph performance tails off noticeably, probably because of the large frontal area but it does sound a little too much like a diesel - probably because its direct injection.

I've also found that all of the seats are hard work to move around - hopefully with a little bit of use they will also loosen up but sliding the seats forwards or backwards (middle row especially) takes some effort right now. Standard stereo is very average audio wise, but Columbus unit is a gadget freaks delight - so much more to play with than my BMW but the Kodiaq's interior is beautiful.

Averaging 28mpg so far (mostly round town) so a little below my 340i but not bad for such a big car and I believe it will only get better.

If I had the choice on engines again - would still stick with the 2.0 TSI.
Still have not figured out which user you are going to bet on? 😉.... But that means i am pretty screwed with a car without driving mode select? I assume it is the engine you put in sport, not gearbox?

Regarding diesel sound. Try to use normal instead and see if that changes the sound.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

tricky

Post by tricky » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 pm

lol - Tricky from now on.

Without drive select I think your going to struggle to get the car to be as responsive as you might want as its the engine in sport rather than the gearbox (I'm regretting not getting the gearshift paddles now though) although to be honest - culling autohold and stop start fixed 50% of the problem and I don't think sport mode makes a colossal difference on the Kodiaq.

I think manual gearbox mode might be the way forward unfortunately.
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:37 pm

tricky wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 pm
lol - Tricky from now on.

Without drive select I think your going to struggle to get the car to be as responsive as you might want as its the engine in sport rather than the gearbox (I'm regretting not getting the gearshift paddles now though) although to be honest - culling autohold and stop start fixed 50% of the problem and I don't think sport mode makes a colossal difference on the Kodiaq.

I think manual gearbox mode might be the way forward unfortunately.
I have paddleshift in mine. When you are in normal or sport, do you then get the eco symbol when removing your foot from the gas pedal? Or is it only in eco?

tricky

Post by tricky » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:44 pm

Eco does not appear in sport mode, it definitely does in eco mode (as it goes into coasting mose), haven't used normal mode enough to notice I'm afraid but will give it a go and find out.

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:01 pm

tricky wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:44 pm
Eco does not appear in sport mode, it definitely does in eco mode (as it goes into coasting mose), haven't used normal mode enough to notice I'm afraid but will give it a go and find out.
Thanks, please do that. I fear i am in eco mode constantly. At least when driving in the city.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”