My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
TCC

Re: My19 2.0 tsi user experiences?

Post by TCC » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:55 am

There is a thread on here where someone added a throttle pedal plug which helps improve the throttle response. They commented how it improved the low speed drivability and pulling out of junctions. Might be worth having a look into it and seeing if they do something for your engine?

Edit found the thread, follow link below:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=843
Kodiaq 4x4 Sportline 190PS, Audi A3 3.2L, Golf MK2 track car, Scirocco MK2 project and Honda CBR650F.

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:17 am

SkodiaqDK wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:51 pm
I have seen the sign "eco" in the display when i release the gas pedal.

This is the user manual definition:

Eco illuminates - the vehicle is in economy mode due to the intervention of the
active cylinder management or due to the neutral position of the automatic gearbox.

Does anyone with a 180ps get eco in the display?
The 2 litre hasn’t got active cylinder management, the gearbox will go into freewheel ( coasting) mode when you lift off the accelerator but only if you are in ECO mode, on 180 anyway. Not that I use ECO mode, it’s a waste of time in a large SUV, and can get better economy and better drive in Normal mode.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 am

Kenny R wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:17 am
SkodiaqDK wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:51 pm
I have seen the sign "eco" in the display when i release the gas pedal.

This is the user manual definition:

Eco illuminates - the vehicle is in economy mode due to the intervention of the
active cylinder management or due to the neutral position of the automatic gearbox.

Does anyone with a 180ps get eco in the display?
The 2 litre hasn’t got active cylinder management, the gearbox will go into freewheel ( coasting) mode when you lift off the accelerator but only if you are in ECO mode, on 180 anyway. Not that I use ECO mode, it’s a waste of time in a large SUV, and can get better economy and better drive in Normal mode.
I have not ordered drivemode select. :(
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

FierceBear

Post by FierceBear » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 am

The line that lies between jumping and "kangarooing" seems very subtle to me, I really hope your issues aren't related to that infamous problem.

If your main issue is the delay between pressing the throttle and when the Kodiaq really starts some people fixed that with the OBDeleven software.
Spain
Ordered: 20/Sep/2018 - Delivery estimated: May 2019
Kodiaq 2.0 TSI 4x4 DSG Ambition with lot of options

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Well, the car is jerky when cold. But the gearbox oil probably also needs to be warm to be nice.

It has not stalled.

I believe the kodiaq in eco mode with cold engine is not a fantastic combination. Too many gearshifts with a cold engine/transmission and furthermore it goes coasting which adds further gearshifts.

Sadly it is parked in my garage with min. 15 degrees celcius.

My 2016 mondeo 6gear automatic did better. At least until engine is warm.

Throttle response is pretty bad. Maybe also because of eco. But since i dont have driving mode select, i have no chance to know what mode it is on. Logically i would expect normal? But coasting should not be available in normal.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivered ~ week5, 2019

Oopps

Post by Oopps » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 am

Picked my 2.0 TSI SEL up on Wednesday and have to say I'm utterly underwhelmed by the engine and gearbox. Even in sport mode it has a lot of lag and stop start is downright dangerous in the delay in restarting etc. Every other car restarts when you start to release the brake pedal, this one only starts once you have put your foot back on the accelerator.

Also suspect they are the smallest 190 horses they could find....

Rest of the car is great, Interior is very nice but unless this engine loosens up a lot I don't think it will be staying too long.

J-R

Post by J-R » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:27 am

Every other car restarts when you start to release the brake pedal, this one only starts once you have put your foot back on the accelerator.
I'm pretty sure this is because you have the automatic parking brake feature engaged (it's the bottom left button in the console behind the gear shift lever). If you turn it off, then the car restarts immediately upon releasing the brake.

The idea of the about the automatic parking brake feature is that as soon as you come to a complete stop (and I mean, immediately), the parking brake automatically engages. This takes some getting used to, but it means that every time you stop (e.g., at a red light), you can immediately relax both feet on the floor instead of holding the brake pedal the whole time until the light turns green. This is convenient and comfortable.

So, when combined with stop-start, it's a given that you have to tap the brake pedal to get going again -- because your foot hasn't even been on the brake pedal for the past few seconds/minutes.

BTW, my last car (Japanese) also had stop-start, and for sure the Kodiaq starts faster, so I am happy with it.

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 am

Oopps wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 am
Picked my 2.0 TSI SEL up on Wednesday and have to say I'm utterly underwhelmed by the engine and gearbox. Even in sport mode it has a lot of lag and stop start is downright dangerous in the delay in restarting etc. Every other car restarts when you start to release the brake pedal, this one only starts once you have put your foot back on the accelerator.

Also suspect they are the smallest 190 horses they could find....

Rest of the car is great, Interior is very nice but unless this engine loosens up a lot I don't think it will be staying too long.
I am going to get Start/Stop deactivated.

Autohold You can deactivate yourself. It will remember your choice. (As mentioned in the message above mine).

I am a bit more optimistic now after ~800 km, than in the first 200km... I suspect there might have been water/air in the system, or maybe bad/old gasoline in the tank. At the same time the outside temperature has increased with around 5°C. It could also be a factor.

Speeder response is not impressive. But when i want to move fast from a junction or something, i put it into sport. I think it is ok for that, and then back to normal drive, otherwise too many rpms.

Do You have driving mode select?
Last edited by SkodiaqDK on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oopps

Post by Oopps » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks for the tip on Autohold - will give that a go - as it stands I disable stop start by default when I get in the car. My other car (bmw 340), is auto, stop start and has auto hold and is much quicker to fire back up and move but it is a regular auto rather than dual clutch.

I do have drive mode select (for some reason I've ended up with two accounts on here which I will sort - my other account is Tricky so posted earlier in this thread), Sport seems to make very little difference if i'm honest, the only way I can make any reasonable progress is to manually select gears otherwise it changes up very very early (probably to improve fuel economy) but even so I would hardly refer to it as blisteringly quick (im not expecting it be as quick as the bmw but it doesnt feel as quick as the 1.6 Suzuki Vitara we changed for the Kodiaq at the moment). Hopefully that will improve with a few miles.

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:11 am

A slight twitch of the steering wheel restarts the engine.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”