Beardface has ripped my door protector off!

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
ChrisL

Beardface has ripped my door protector off!

Post by ChrisL » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:15 pm

In the following video you can see that Beardface has trapped his beard in the door of my car and ripped the door protector off:

As you can see where he has pushed the protector back on as far as it can go, when the door closes the protector gets in the way and doesn't allow the door to close! Naughty Beardface!

In this video he shows how to correct the issue:

In this video Beardface shows us that in order for the door protector to work correctly just pushing it on to its furthest extent doesn't work. In fact you need to use a small screw driver to pull the tab out to it's fullest extent - thus seemingly extending some kind of spring inside the door - before pushing the protector on as far as it will go. You should find a slight "click" as it engages fully. You will notice he uses a small soft cloth in order to avoid scratching the paintwork.

Here you can see that the door that previously wouldnt shut now works fine!

Fortunately now, we don't have to put Beardface across our knee anymore. He's very relieved this isn't necessary too!

If you are unlucky enough to have broken the actual plastic door protector, you can get them relatively cheaply here:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/category/ ... iaq,b.html

You will notice that they aren't handed but that the front and rear ones share the same part number for each side.

I hope this is useful to someone!
Last edited by ChrisL on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

Old and Grumpy

Re: Breadface has ripped my door protector off!

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:15 pm

RTFM page 65-66
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.

My best car yet. :)

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:15 pm
RTFM page 65-66
A little harsh. The online manual doesn’t show as mush detail apart from which bread/beard face (doesn’t seem to know which is which on the post) was only trying to give advice and a practical demonstration. Some would find it helpful.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:29 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 pm
Old and Grumpy wrote:
RTFM page 65-66
A little harsh. The online manual doesn’t show as mush detail apart from which bread/beard face (doesn’t seem to know which is which on the post) was only trying to give advice and a practical demonstration. Some would find it helpful.
The point is that you replace the protector with the door open only 15cms and no need to use the screwdriver and risk damaging the paintwork.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.

My best car yet. :)

DrMatt

Post by DrMatt » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Despite the facetious feedback of fellow members, I found this interesting and informative. many thanks for taking the time to write your post.

PS - LOL @ "Breadface" in the title...I thought it was one of my daughter's cartoons...
Ordered in September 2018; collected 18th December. 1.5TSi ACT DSG Edition in Black Magic (the one true colour!) with Virtual Pedal. What a beast!! Why did I waste 20 years of hard earned cash on Audis?

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:29 pm
FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 pm
Old and Grumpy wrote:
RTFM page 65-66
The point is that you replace the protector with the door open only 15cms and no need to use the screwdriver and risk damaging the paintwork.
In our experience that process doesn't always work because the tongue that engaged with the protector doesn't fully engage, and hence doesn't tension the spring.

Rather than moaning and whining, when someone bothers to post to try to save other people effort and money, if you don't like it, STFU.
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Let’s keep it friendly!

Steve
On order September 2018, Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors.

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:21 pm

ChrisL wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:15 pm
In the following video you can see that Beardface has trapped his beard in the door of my car and ripped the door protector off:

As you can see where he has pushed the protector back on as far as it can go, when the door closes the protector gets in the way and doesn't allow the door to close! Naughty Beardface!

In this video he shows how to correct the issue:

In this video Beardface shows us that in order for the door protector to work correctly just pushing it on to its furthest extent doesn't work. In fact you need to use a small screw driver to pull the tab out to it's fullest extent - thus seemingly extending some kind of spring inside the door - before pushing the protector on as far as it will go. You should find a slight "click" as it engages fully. You will notice he uses a small soft cloth in order to avoid scratching the paintwork.

Here you can see that the door that previously wouldnt shut now works fine!

Fortunately now, we don't have to put Beardface across our knee anymore. He's very relieved this isn't necessary too!

If you are unlucky enough to have broken the actual plastic door protector, you can get them relatively cheaply here:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/category/ ... iaq,b.html

You will notice that they aren't handed but that the front and rear ones share the same part number for each side.

I hope this is useful to someone!
Thanks Breadface - very helpful.

Steve
On order September 2018, Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Am I being dim? WHO is Breadface or even Beardface?? A strange nomenclature? :lol:
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

ChrisL

Re: Beardface has ripped my door protector off!

Post by ChrisL » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:59 pm

Sorry Colin! I'l corrected it to only use his true name, Beardface.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”