1.5TSI Problem

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
rdguk

Re: 1.5TSI Problem

Post by rdguk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Jezza3432 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 pm
Out of interest has anyone with the engine stall issue when pulling away also had issues with the auto parking brake sticking. i.e. needed 2000+ revs to release it?
I’ve not had that issue, auto parking brake been all good for me so far
1.5TSI SEL DSG in Moon White with F/R Sensors

caines

Post by caines » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Well my car has been into Skoda today for the same fault - no power, usually after changed gear from Reverse to Drive (auto) with foot pressed all the way on accelerator and no revs registering.

Brand new kodiaq, collected early Jan. I've been keeping a log of when it happens and it is always when cold. We drive it a few days every week and its happened about 8 times, luckily all times except one have been in the drive. Just turn ignition off then on again and its fine.

I thought (in my non existent car knowledge!) that it might be related to the heated seats as it seems to happen when its been really cold, and all heaters and heated seats are on. I've been told today it wont make any difference.

Luckily the fault showed when they plugged it in...and yes, they spoke to skoda who are working on a (hopefully) speedy fix. Rather more important than the dodgy door flaps I think!

If I wasn't so in love with this brilliant car Id be throwing my toys out the pram. They seem to think itll be a few weeks. Mmm, I'm not so sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kodiaq, blue (love it), Edition, all area camera, heated seats, heated windscreen (Surrey)

scfnet

Post by scfnet » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Did they mention anything about Eco mode? Mines booked in for a look in a couple of weeks (if it has done it more than once I would have insisted on sooner). I got a call back saying that they have seen this in Eco and there is a loss of power when cold. I hadn't played with modes yet so I don't think it is relevant to me but might be for others.

Hopefully there is a fix soon

Any recommendations for ODB scanners that don't cost the earth so I can see if anything is logged.
Edition 1.5 TSi DSG in Emerald Green / Beige Leather, Park Assist, Area View Camera, Heated Screen and Washers, Heated and Ventilated front seats, Traffic Sign Recognition. Surrey (just)

scfnet

Post by scfnet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 pm

The dealer looked at it but couldn't find anything in the logs. They did say there was a TPI and it instructed them no to do any work until the fix was out. However I'm not sure if the TPI was for this issue or a laggy throttle which was also mentioned.
Edition 1.5 TSi DSG in Emerald Green / Beige Leather, Park Assist, Area View Camera, Heated Screen and Washers, Heated and Ventilated front seats, Traffic Sign Recognition. Surrey (just)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:16 am

1.5TSi Solution is rumoured to be coming out Q2.
Don't hold you breath!
I am thanking my lucky stars that having a 1.5 Karoq DSG I have escaped all these problems apart from a very small 'kangaroo', in the early days . He seems to have gone away now!
The 1.4 DSG I had on my Kodiaq was faultless.
I just don't understand how one of the biggest car manufacturers on the planet can make such a mega cock-up and even worse, take so long to correct it.
If my car behaved like some of those mentioned here, It would be returned as NFFP and that would be the end of my long and erstwhile happy relationship with Skoda.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”