1.5TSI Problem

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Murphy3

1.5TSI Problem

Post by Murphy3 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:07 pm

1.4TSI 4X4 DSG Edition in Brilliant Silver, Adaptive cruise control, front parking sensors, rear view camera and Children's pack.
Location- Leeds
Collected 11th May

PhilBate

Re: 1.5TSI Problem

Post by PhilBate » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Fortunately, it sounds not too serious and also fixable. If it were internal component failure of some sort I'd have been really worried if I owned one.
High Wycombe
(On order from 27 March 2018) 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4 7 Seat Edition, Petrol Blue, Front/Rear sensors, Spare wheel, Heated Screen + Jets, Rear Camera, CANTON sound, Media Command and Aluminium pedals. Build week 04/19.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:19 pm

Skoda Dealers and Skoda UK are fully aware of this problem and the factory is working on a solution to the problem. Let's hope they do it more quickly than the new mechanism that they have been ' working on' for nearly a year for the rubbish door guards.

For my money it will simply be a rejig of the ECU that controls the mixture when cold.or those of us of sufficient age, it feels like pushing the choke in too early on a carburettor engined car with a manual choke. (my 1.5 DSG Karoq has suffered from it- but not very badly, Once you get used to it you don't notice, well I don't anyway!)

I find that if it does misbehave I just blip the throttle which puts more petrol in and the problem goes away. This backs up my theory about the ECU.
I would not describe my car as 'kangarooing' more like slight hesitation.
I gather from some comments on the Karoq Forum that it may affect MANUAL 1.5s more than DSGs
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:06 pm

I had my 3 week old Kodiaq 1.5TSi DSG (520 miles on the clock) in to my local dealership yesterday because of a similar problem (see below) and was told it was a known problem which is being worked on but won't be resolved until Q2 this year. They advise their computer showed no fault on the car, yet there clearly is a fault.

My problem is that on several occasions after stopping in traffic, at lights or at a junction, the car simply won't move. it hasn't stalled as it is still ticking over, but the revs refuse to increase when pressing the accelerator whilst in Drive (or Sports). They will increase in Neutral or Park but then won't increase when I put it back into Drive. My only option is to restart the car, usually several times, before I can set off again. Not good in nose to tail traffic or when stuck halfway out of a junction. The problem is worse when the engine is cold, but has happened twice when warm.

What gets me is that a car manufacturer can sell a car (a £30K pus one at that) with a known and potentially extremely dangerous defect, and then expect us to wait months for it to be right, always assuming they can actually rectify the fault.

Does anyone know if these are grounds for rejecting the car?
Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition 1.5TSI DSG with19" Sirius wheels and too many expensive extras! Collected 3rd January.

arkaig

Post by arkaig » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:42 pm

PhilM wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:06 pm
I had my 3 week old Kodiaq 1.5TSi DSG (520 miles on the clock) in to my local dealership yesterday because of a similar problem (see below) and was told it was a known problem which is being worked on but won't be resolved until Q2 this year. They advise their computer showed no fault on the car, yet there clearly is a fault.

My problem is that on several occasions after stopping in traffic, at lights or at a junction, the car simply won't move. it hasn't stalled as it is still ticking over, but the revs refuse to increase when pressing the accelerator whilst in Drive (or Sports). They will increase in Neutral or Park but then won't increase when I put it back into Drive. My only option is to restart the car, usually several times, before I can set off again. Not good in nose to tail traffic or when stuck halfway out of a junction. The problem is worse when the engine is cold, but has happened twice when warm.

What gets me is that a car manufacturer can sell a car (a £30K pus one at that) with a known and potentially extremely dangerous defect, and then expect us to wait months for it to be right, always assuming they can actually rectify the fault.

Does anyone know if these are grounds for rejecting the car?
Check out the successful rejection by "LittleOwl" here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... e/?page=44
Kodiaq 190Tdi DSG L&K, Brown, DCC, Trailer Assist, Virtual Pedal, Digi Cockpit, Rough Road Pack, Ventilated Seats, Drive Mode, Rear Seat release, Heated Steering Wheel, Roller Blinds

Ordered 20/12/18 - est del 16wks - prov B/W 9, ie w/c 25/2/19

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Phil,
If you are happy to loose the car then I would go back to dealer without delay and reject it. Demand a full refund!
Luckily my Karoq is nowhere near as bad as yours appears to be. Had it been It would be straight back to the dealer and it would, sadly, end my 10 year relationship with Skoda.
It is completely unacceptable!
Reading the Briskoda article mentioned above, it would appear that the fault is (as mentioned on the Karoq forum) more common and worse, on manual g/boxes.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:55 pm

Thanks guys. I need to give the matter some serious thought. That said, it has behaved itself 100% since I got it back from the garage yesterday despite them not doing anything to it. I'm going to see how it behaves over the next few days before I make any decisions.
Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition 1.5TSI DSG with19" Sirius wheels and too many expensive extras! Collected 3rd January.

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Just a thought, could a sluggish battery have caused my problem (see above)? I only ask because when my the problem last occurred, the start-stop wouldn't work because the battery was "not showing a full charge".

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:38 am

Phil,
Glad to hear things have improved.
Here's hoping!Image
[color=#00

Jezza3432

Post by Jezza3432 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:50 pm

Out of interest has anyone with the engine stall issue when pulling away also had issues with the auto parking brake sticking. i.e. needed 2000+ revs to release it?

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”