Kodiaq chrome trim

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
old man

Re: Kodiaq chrome trim

Post by old man » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 pm

I can't find the Briskoda thread but I think the WD40 might have been me. It was one of the several products I used and I thought initially it had done the job, but it hadn't and Autosol was definitely superior for my problem.
As with vinegar, I'm a believer in WD 40 and it may well work with water marks. I certainly believe it won't do any harm in trying it. I used it more than once to remove multiple tar marks from our two cars after our road had been tarred and feathered !! Worked a treat with no ill effect to the paintwork.

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:35 pm

This might help, seen it mentioned quite a few times now since I've been on here.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1793
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

shep

Post by shep » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:37 pm

Pete_g
Have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1793&p=20393#p20393
I had the problem and tried all the suggested options to remove the marks but all failed. I wrote to Skoda UK expressing my disappointment. All the effected trim has been replaced as a good will gesture. PM me if you want more detail.
2.0 TDI 7DSG 190PS AWD | Edition Delivered 14/01/18
Tow bar, Heated screen/jets, Front sensors, resr camera, ambient lights, special spare, rear tables
Build week 47 2017

Pete_g

Post by Pete_g » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks all. I’m waiting for the dealership to review my claim with Skoda UK. I’m naturally pessimistic when dealing with these sorts of things but the dealership have been great on everything else. My concern is that they mentioned that Skoda has rejected claims similar to this already.

Currently my options are to hope that Skoda UK fix the issue as a goodwill gesture or else I’m stuck with an expensive bill for replacement, as it simply looks ugly on a 1 month old car.

What really rankles is that I hand wash my car with good quality product and micro fibre it down every time. Same process as I’ve undertaken with every car I’ve owned and never before have I seen thus sort of damage.

I will apply some of the products suggested by Old Man if Skoda don’t assist to protect he other parts that are not yet affected.

Will PM you shep as any advice you can give you be very much appreciated.

Peter
Kodiaq Scout 190 TDI DSG 4x4, Quartz Grey. Pano Sunroof, Driver Assist Pack, Area View, Htd steering wheel/ windscreen/ washers, Park assist, Traffic sign recog , Canton , Htd Fr/ Rr seats. Collected 1st December.

tomix

Post by tomix » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:17 am

After a rinsing with regular water just rins them of with distilled water, then if you have a opportunity, dry it of with compressed air.
Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150 hp, Style plus, DSG, 7 seats, Business grey

Pete_g

Post by Pete_g » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 am

tomix wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:17 am
After a rinsing with regular water just rins them of with distilled water, then if you have a opportunity, dry it of with compressed air.
Wow. Sounds a little like taking the car to a classy hairdressers. Can’t ever recall having to apply this much care and attention to chrome before.

😄

Joking aside, thanks for your insights.

Pete
Kodiaq Scout 190 TDI DSG 4x4, Quartz Grey. Pano Sunroof, Driver Assist Pack, Area View, Htd steering wheel/ windscreen/ washers, Park assist, Traffic sign recog , Canton , Htd Fr/ Rr seats. Collected 1st December.

darkKnight54

Post by darkKnight54 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm

I started the original post on here last year, see here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1793&hilit=pitting

I still haven't got anywhere, nothing has worked and im dreading having to return the car in 12 months time, at the end of my lease. I did take it into my local dealer, Cheshire Oaks and they just said its 'environmental factors; something in the air or other thats affected it. Utter rubbish but at the end of the day the message was clear, "On yer bike!" from Skoda. Wont be having another based on this, completely let down.

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:02 pm

darkKnight54 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm
I started the original post on here last year, see here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1793&hilit=pitting

I still haven't got anywhere, nothing has worked and im dreading having to return the car in 12 months time, at the end of my lease. I did take it into my local dealer, Cheshire Oaks and they just said its 'environmental factors; something in the air or other thats affected it. Utter rubbish but at the end of the day the message was clear, "On yer bike!" from Skoda. Wont be having another based on this, completely let down.
I can only imagine how you are feeling!

Rotten luck .........

Wish you good luck going forward ....

Steve
Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors, mud flaps, personalisation, space saver wheel

Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:54 am

Same sh...t happened to me and dealer says they can't do nothing about it,cause Skoda factory says ist not their fault and thats it. So case is closed:(
Ordering new trins and roofbars...
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 190hp Elegance.

Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:03 am

Would a clay bar work?
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”