Kodiaq chrome trim

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
old man

Re: Kodiaq chrome trim

Post by old man » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 am

If the marks are etched into the trim, the answer would be no. Clay bars are to remove surface dirt and chemicals.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:35 pm

First post, Hi

I had the same on a Superb a couple of years ago when the dealer had the car cleaned with Traffic Film Remover (TFR) and must of left it on too long or in sunlight. The trim went completely white but they managed to polish it back a bit but in the end they took liability and changed it, an expensive and time consuming process. It seemeed that certain parts of the ‘chrome’ trim was much more susceptible. I wouldn’t therefore go to the plethora of hand car washes that use strong TFR and will strip your wax and anything else off your car ( see what the wheel cleaner does to the callipers!)

I also always hand wash with Auto Glym shampoo and Super Resin polish / Extra Gloss Protection sealerand have a 190 TSi SEL arriving soon so I’m interested to see how it turns out for you and hope you get it resolved, It seems too susceptible to environmental factors to be fit for purpose if it’s been damaged in normal conditions.

Good luck
2019 2.0 TSi 4x4 SE L, 7 seats Business Grey, ACC, front / rear sensors, spare wheel, LED pack.

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:27 pm

Picked up my Edition last Friday. Put Meguirs sealant on all chrome and wheels today after reading these posts. I won’t risk the car washes again. Thanks for the warnings!

Steve
Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors, mud flaps, personalisation, space saver wheel

Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Will do it when snow is gone and the weather is warmer...
https://www.drive2.ru/l/525783987575062738/
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 190hp Elegance.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Just washed the car for the first time with Auto Glym car shampoo and dried off with micro fibre cloth as OP and no chrome trim issues. I of course looked very closely!

Sounds like OP had faulty trim, if not hard water issues (he dried it off). Hope he gets it sorted
2019 2.0 TSi 4x4 SE L, 7 seats Business Grey, ACC, front / rear sensors, spare wheel, LED pack.

Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:24 am

Today finally polished my ruined chrome trims around door wo dows with Austosol Metal Polish...well it works. Have to do it at least 10 or even 20 times to remove all the stains complitely...I didn't bother...did it five times and I'm happy.
This metal polish works on aluminium roofbars aswell...did three times and and most of stains are gone now. Higly recommend this product.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 190hp Elegance.

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Fuzzz wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:24 am
Today finally polished my ruined chrome trims around door wo dows with Austosol Metal Polish...well it works. Have to do it at least 10 or even 20 times to remove all the stains complitely...I didn't bother...did it five times and I'm happy.
This metal polish works on aluminium roofbars aswell...did three times and and most of stains are gone now. Higly recommend this product.
Good to hear!

Steve
Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors, mud flaps, personalisation, space saver wheel

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”