Kodiaq Mk. II

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
ChrisL

Kodiaq Mk. II

Post by ChrisL » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

If they were looking to release a Kodiaq Mk. II, what things about the current version would you change?

For me by far the worst thing about the Kodiaq is the pathetic reversing lights which could so easily and cheaply be improved.

The current voice recognition is not worth using.

I know lots of people will mention the door protectors, and I accept that they are easily dislodged, and that when you clip them back in place, the doors don't shut. That said the fix for this is easy when you know how.
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

Old and Grumpy

Re: Kodiaq Mk. II

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:23 pm

ChrisL wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm
If they were looking to release a Kodiaq Mk. II, what things about the current version would you change?

For me by far the worst thing about the Kodiaq is the pathetic reversing lights which could so easily and cheaply be improved.

I know lots of people will mention the door protectors, and I accept that they are easily dislodged, and that when you clip them back in place, the doors don't shut. That said the fix for this is easy when you know how.
Move the light switch so that;

1. it is higher on the dash so as not to be accidentally nudged by the driver's knee when entering or editing the vehicle.

2. the green indicator lamps are not obscured by the steering wheel and are more within the driver's line of vision.
Kodiaq 1.4TSI SE, 2WD, Manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.

Best car I have ever owned.

:)

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Interior light comes on when switching ignition off
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC,22”canyon , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:57 pm

The chosen drive mode stays chosen after restarting.
USB socket in the rear of the centre console.
Restructure the rear seat bases to fold forward - allowing flat floor in the 5-seater (and not wasting the footwell space)
Stronger retraction of load cover, and give intermediate stop position(s) (à la Superb).
Store umbrellas so you can get it BEFORE you open the door.
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Restructure the rear seat bases to fold forward - allowing flat floor in the 5-seater (and not wasting the footwell space)

YES, YES, YES!!!
Kodiaq 1.4TSI SE, 2WD, Manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.

Swindiaq

Post by Swindiaq » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 pm

Improved aerodynamics on the wing mirror to shift the moisture from the glass.

Tougher door handle surface

RHD version of the touchscreen
2017 SE L / 1.4 TSI 2wd DSG / 7seat / black everything / Canton / front sensors / rear cam / ACC / traffic recog / Williams ceramic protection

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:26 pm

ChrisL wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

What is the fix?

Thanks

Steve
On order September 2018, Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors.

Pink72

Post by Pink72 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:50 am

Make the 12v sockets ignition switched and not permanent live.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4x4 DSG quartz metallic - canton, heated steering wheel, screen & rear seats, ambient light, media cmd, personalisation drive mode, front parking sensors, tri zone climate control, vico opia2 cash cam, Thule wingbars.

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:11 am

DaveM wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:57 pm
Or maybe introduce the varioflex seats from the Karoq.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 am

Pink72 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:50 am
Make the 12v sockets ignition switched and not permanent live.
Or even make them switchable between permanent live and ignition switched?

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”