Possible upgrades

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Bowend

Possible upgrades

Post by Bowend » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:28 pm

Hi all, I’m new to this forum so sorry if this has been covered previously but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I just bought a Kodiaq edition (2.0d 150) as the garage wanted to shift it and gave me a really good discount on the list price. But i was a little disappointed that it didn’t have front parking sensors. I have decided to retro fit the front sensors but was wondering whether adding these opened up any other options that could be ‘switched on ‘ as a result of the additional hardware been added
Moon White Kodiak Edition 2.0d (150), 7 seat with rear heated seats, reversing camera and panoramic sunroof. West Wales, UK

Lazy_T

Re: Possible upgrades

Post by Lazy_T » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Shame no-one has answered this, really - also curious!

I've already ordered my OBDeleven to do the key personlisation!
2.0 (190) TDi Edition, 7 Seats with Canton, Fatigue Detection, Heated Windscreen & Jets, Media Command, Park Assist with Front/Rear Sensors, Sleep Pack, & Travel Assist (on order)

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Lazy_T wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm
I've already ordered my OBDeleven to do the key personlisation!
Sounds interesting, what exactly will it do when it is enabled?
If I had the kit, I would probably look at enabling traffic sign recognition, and traffic jam assist.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

skLz

Post by skLz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Regarding this topic, I hope that all of you who are enabling different features that were not enabled in the factory, are aware of the fact that you are voiding the warranty of the car by doing that.

As a Software Developer in the automotive world, there is a history in every ECU or BCM on every value that you change so the modifications you made can be traced by the dealer, but it's your decision on what you do with your personal car.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 150hp, Lava Blue

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:18 pm

skLz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm
Regarding this topic, I hope that all of you who are enabling different features that were not enabled in the factory, are aware of the fact that you are voiding the warranty of the car by doing that.

As a Software Developer in the automotive world, there is a history in every ECU or BCM on every value that you change so the modifications you made can be traced by the dealer, but it's your decision on what you do with your personal car.
I hardly think that if say I had enabled traffic sign recognition that Skoda could refuse warranty work on a DSG fault or any other mechanical part for that matter.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

skLz

Post by skLz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Voiding warranty means voiding all warranty, it's not like you can choose for what parts of the car you want warranty, it's just not working that way.
For more details, just read the terms and conditions of your car, and you can also confirm at any local dealership.

Let's have an example, you code something using OBDEleven or VCDS and you are trying to activate a feature you don't know how that parameter is handled in the ECU, maybe it will have some impact on other things that affect different components. When you modify something you are always doing it based on thrust that someone tested those changes before giving them to you.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 150hp, Lava Blue

Dr_Pepper

Post by Dr_Pepper » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Sorry but that's rubbish, under regs that already existed but were tightened by the recent Insurance Act, Insurers can only refuse to pay out if the modification could reasonably have caused the problem.

It is impossible to completely 'void' a warranty by making a modification. However there is some grey area, for example if you change a setting in the ECU and subsequently the ECU fails then insurers could argue that it's conceivable you caused the fault. If a wheel falls off, the ECU change is irrelevant and would be covered of course.

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 pm

But Dr_Pepper is talking about insurers and skLz about manufacturers. Totally different contractual arrangements.
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Dr_Pepper

Post by Dr_Pepper » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:07 am

Sorry for slow reply

It's the same thing. Skoda cannot lawfully avoid a warranty claim on something just because you have broken their terms and conditions on something totally unrelated.

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Dr_Pepper wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:07 am
It's the same thing. Skoda cannot lawfully avoid a warranty claim on something just because you have broken their terms and conditions on something totally unrelated.
The difference lies in what's "totally unrelated". The headlining falling off would be totally unrelated, sure, but how many things are related to the ECU?
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”