Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Navigate to a contact's address while carplay/android auto is active

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Minimal 
#1 ·
I almost always have my phone plugged in to my kodiaq, but when I plug my phone in, the kodiaq's satnav doesn't show any addresses for the contact destination type - which is all a bit annoying.

Is there a way to import those contacts automatically and have them stay available when carplay is on?

(My car has a columbus...it even has a working wireless charging phone 'tray'!)

#2 ·
At the risk of being annoying, have you considered using the phone's satnav while you have it plugged in ( using Android Auto/Apple car play)? Searching on names in Google Maps finds their addresses in contacts. Cant vouch for Apple car play though.

Re. the original question - there is an import contacts option in the phone settings menu, but I haven't tried it so don't know if it forgets the contacts after you disconnect the phone.

#3 ·
gojoholo said:
At the risk of being annoying, have you considered using the phone's satnav while you have it plugged in ( using Android Auto/Apple car play)? Searching on names in Google Maps finds their addresses in contacts. Cant vouch for Apple car play though.
Not annoying at all :D That's my fallback.
I've played around with setting the nav to a contact address then plug the phone in afterwards...that seems to work but it is clunky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.