Anyone else have a broken Emergency Call System?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
kodibliaq

Anyone else have a broken Emergency Call System?

Post by kodibliaq » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 pm

My kodiaq 7 days old and already broken at day 5. Every couple miles I get a voice play through the speakers telling me "an error has occurred Emergency Call System please contact customer services".. which is pretty annoying.. If you wanna be broken be broken.. don't keep whining at me about it. The light above goes from green to red and orange triangle warning on dash. Its going back Monday anyway for fitting rear reverse camera.. if they can. They didn't give much confidence 1day has turned into 3 days as they have not done one before. Hoping it's not going to be one of those cars that lives at the dealers more than my house.
SKODA KODIAQ SE 2.0 TDI 150 DSG FWD Black Magic Pearl Effect Paint -Extras: Rear Reverse Camera

iwarv

Re: Anyone else have a broken Emergency Call System?

Post by iwarv » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am

Your house lives at the dealer's? :)
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 am

Joking aside, search the forums using keyword "SOS".
You'll find lots of people with the same problem. I think all took it back to their dealers and had it fixed.
They may already have seen a Kodiaq with the same problem and will know what to look for. Otherwise SUK can provide guidance. It seems a reasonably common problem.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Urukhai8

Post by Urukhai8 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:33 am

Hi
Also had the same problem one week after delivery.I have Vag diagnostic tool so i was able to pinpoint the problem with the anntena(open circuit).
For the dealership was the first of a kind problem so the car stayed for one week in the garage.Eventually after trying updating software they changed anntena and no more problems with emergency call.
Skoda Kodiaq Style 2.0 tdi 4x4 DSG 150 hp Quartz grey

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:06 pm

I also had it, for all 3 call buttons.
Dealer sorted it after 3 attempts whilst I waited. He said it was a problem with the sim card.
Once fixed it gave no more trouble for the 18 months I owned it.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Phil

Post by Phil » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi kodibliaq

be interested on the price quoted for retro fitting a reverse camera
Kodiaq Edition (7 seats) 2.0 TDI 190 PS 4x4 DSG, pan roof, spare wheel, front, rear sensors, electric towbar, black leather, heated seats steering wheel, wing mirrors, lots more.
Eckington

kodibliaq

Post by kodibliaq » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Phil wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 pm
Hi kodibliaq

Hi Phil.. I added to the options on a new car order. They said they would fit it prior to delivery. But then said they had to do it afterwards. From memory it cost an extra 6-8 pm as I finance my car on pcp. £300 sounds familiar but i might be wrong. I'm taking it tomorrow. I'll try and find out what the cash price is.
SKODA KODIAQ SE 2.0 TDI 150 DSG FWD Black Magic Pearl Effect Paint -Extras: Rear Reverse Camera

sparkymark

Post by sparkymark » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Got exactly the same annoying SOS fault and would disable the stupid thing if I could.
Will get dealer to look at it during the first service which is coming up shortly - sometimes more tech just causes more problems!
Petrol Blue 1.4TSi 150BHP, 7 seat SEL, with Canton Sound (yes it's worth the price), 19" Triglav alloys, Beige Leather and Reversing camera
North West UK

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 am

That's one reason I changed to a Karoq. Less tech, No stupid call buttons, no leccy tailgate a much simpler, more responsive car. Only downside is that I am back to the Yeti hard suspenders, but with improved road holding. Much more 'Chuckable than it's big brother and the 1.5 engine is more economical (could be the weight differential of course!)
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

kodibliaq

Post by kodibliaq » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 pm

kodibliaq wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:37 pm
Phil wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 pm
Hi kodibliaq

Hi Phil.. I added to the options on a new car order. They said they would fit it prior to delivery. But then said they had to do it afterwards. From memory it cost an extra 6-8 pm as I finance my car on pcp. £300 sounds familiar but i might be wrong. I'm taking it tomorrow. I'll try and find out what the cash price is.
More importantly I'll let you know how long they keep it ! I've lost my car for 3 days already. I'd ask your dealer if they have done one before first. Mine hasn't.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”