insurance? what do you pay?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
kodibliaq

Re: insurance? what do you pay?

Post by kodibliaq » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:53 pm

well both LV and Aviva can't find my registration number so thats them out.. and AA aren't allowed to contact me for due to litigation. I'm probably grumpier than Old and Grumpy above lol
SKODA KODIAQ SE 2.0 TDI 150 DSG FWD Black Magic Pearl Effect Paint -Extras: Rear Reverse Camera

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Try confused.com or comparethemarket.com. I use both of these at every renewal.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

kodibliaq

Post by kodibliaq » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Thanks Grumpy.. I persevered with LV but they don't recognise a 5 door variant. I tried Quote me happy who are lucky I don't report them for attempted theft at +£1000. I will try the Merkat you suggest as I like the stuffed toy.. well not toys!!. authentic Merkat doll! for grown ups!
SKODA KODIAQ SE 2.0 TDI 150 DSG FWD Black Magic Pearl Effect Paint -Extras: Rear Reverse Camera

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 pm

:) I thought all Kodiaqs have 5 doors!

And you don't get toy meerkats any more. You get 2 for 1 on meals and cinema tickets.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

kodibliaq

Post by kodibliaq » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm

oh. I mean 5 seats .. hmm yes noticed re toys. Maybees that makes my old ones valuable lol

davidb

Post by davidb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am

I'm paying £190 two drivers with 12 year or more no claims both in our 60s with £200 excess
SE L 1.4TSI (150) 4*4 Manual
memory drivers seat, space saver wheel, rough rd pack, rear view camera, dynamic chassis control

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 am

kodibliaq wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 pm
Thanks Grumpy.. I persevered with LV but they don't recognise a 5 door variant. I tried Quote me happy who are lucky I don't report them for attempted theft at +£1000. I will try the Merkat you suggest as I like the stuffed toy.. well not toys!!. authentic Merkat doll! for grown ups!
If this is correct then you should report them, you would anyone else so why would you let an insurance company get away with it.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am

Sale of goods act says that a vendor makes an offer of selling goods at price X. Purchaser either accepts the price and buys or makes an offer (X-Y) on the vendors stated price which is either accepted or declined by the vendor. If declined and purchaser is not happy with original price he simply walks away. A deal is only struck when both parties agree on a price. Until the deal is struck no action can be taken by either party.
You wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Perhaps kodibliaq was simply joking!!?? ;)
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:19 am

When I search these price comparison websites for any insurance (car, home, other) I will obviously choose one from the top of the results.
I have never looked, but I would imagine that at the bottom of the list are the companies that want silly money like quoted to kodibliaq. Perhaps even worse.

It wouldn't shock me.
I just choose to not give them my custom. Surely only a rich fool would.

What would be shocking however, is if the cheapest quote starts at £1000+.
Either you are very young, live on Moss Side, or you put down "racing driver" as your occupation (or something like that).
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

H2UBS

Post by H2UBS » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:35 am

I shop around but always buy through the cash back site 'Quidco' (others are available).
Many insurance companies give excellent cash back rates to new customers e.g. Aviva, Admiral, More Than all paying £55 at present.
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”