insurance? what do you pay?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
kodibliaq

Re: insurance? what do you pay?

Post by kodibliaq » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:14 am

Well thanks for all the help.. much appreciated. I got quotes as lower at £400 using compare the merkat and others. I had to telephone to try and arrange as they did not recognise the newly registered car. On calling I found they were massively incompetent. They could not identify the proper model. They wanted to insure is as a fabia, or a kodiaq sport (i'm unaware of a sport model), or as an SE L.. non of those applied to my SE. Apparently the computer said no and only gave them drop down lists of non relevant models. I found the correct model when I chose it on their web sites.. but they couldn't. They also wanted £200 more than quoted online after faffing about and requoting for god knows what model. They gave me no confidence at.. they were just guessing and trying to close a deal whether it was set up correctly or not. In the end I insured with my original quote from SKODA which i believe is underwritten bu UKI partnerships. They know their product and were more professional. Was £488 and a tad more by doing monthly.

Oh yeh I forgot to mention when I originally posted but I do have one conviction in last 5 years which was an SP30. I accepted a one week ban and 0 points for that -as at the time as the points would have taken me over 12. (although your only allowed to select a predefined one month from drop down lists online- same if you phone).
SKODA KODIAQ SE 2.0 TDI 150 DSG FWD Black Magic Pearl Effect Paint -Extras: Rear Reverse Camera

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 am

Don't forget your cooling down period.
If you looked again - say; next week - and found a much cheaper, yet comparable quote, then your statutory right to cancel and get your money back in full applies.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 pm

We use Privilege Insurance (part of Direct Line), usually cheapest and have been more than reasonable on a claim we had with them. As part of Direct Line you have some reassurance they are stable and they also have their own network repair companies - check your T&C on this if your Kodiaq in Personal Hire Contract as any repairs must be via a Skoda approved repair centre.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Hugh Fanism

Post by Hugh Fanism » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 pm
We use Privilege Insurance (part of Direct Line), usually cheapest and have been more than reasonable on a claim we had with them. As part of Direct Line you have some reassurance they are stable and they also have their own network repair companies - check your T&C on this if your Kodiaq in Personal Hire Contract as any repairs must be via a Skoda approved repair centre.
Direct line never used to insure you if you were leasing. Might be different now.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:36 am

15000 miles pa, social and commuting, £200 excess, legal cover, hire car. semi-rural postcode. My renewal from the AA arrived recently, it was £438. Switched to LV , similar cover for £303 (used moneysupermarket price comparison site).
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 am

Just had my renewal through with aviva with £150 excess my renewal was only £239 very happy with that for a 40yr old male with 2 children under 16
2.0 tdi 190 DSG sportline 7 seat in white.
Virtual dash and reversing camera.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 pm

I was paying 1.4 SE L £228 with £250 excess.6k miles a year. 1SP30 Shareholders discount.Aviva discount.
71 y.o. male with named female (not living with partner) living Poole. AVIVA!
Now Karoq 1.5 SE L £221 Again with Aviva.
They are very fair and always tell you on their renewal notice what you paid the previous year, so they don't rip you off like all those in the news recently that penalise their faithful customers.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Dr_Pepper

Post by Dr_Pepper » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Direct line never used to insure you if you were leasing. Might be different now.
I'm pretty sure they do now otherwise theyd be doing themselves out of half the market!

Give it a couple more years and 2nd hand values are going to crash through the floor when all the vehicles being hired on credit are returned

Daddy2Bears

Post by Daddy2Bears » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 pm
They are very fair and always tell you on their renewal notice what you paid the previous year, so they don't rip you off like all those in the news recently that penalise their faithful customers.
Colin, they are duty bound to tell you your previous premium : https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... xt-april/
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select
Various VAG-COM tweaks

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”