Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Goodbye U/S tailgate, wonky door guards etc.

9K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  iwarv 
#1 ·
Finally given up! See signature.
Pick up the new car on Monday. 10 days old, pre-reg, 15 miles on odo. :lol: £2,120 off list price. £1000 over trade P/X on Kodiaq. BARGAIN!! :lol:

#3 ·
I usually change my cars every year and so this is 6 months overdue :lol: Also I have been getting increasingly p'd off with the niggles on the K. Even after the dealer replaced to tailgate 'handle' it still doesn't work properly. Since I am a dog owner, the tailgate gets a huge amount of use walking hound twice a day, so it was a real pain!
I love Skoda and have a brilliant relationship with the Dealer Principal of Meadens, having been a customer for 8 years and 4 Skodas. I really did not want to desert the brand or the dealer.
The Karoq came up and I thought it was too good to miss. The only thing I will have to put up with is no pan roof and the horrible (WHY do these people do it?) BLACK roof lining.
I have written to ROB and told him the situation. I have offered to stay as Mod as I think I have a lot of knowledge of SUK & Kodiaq but if he thinks not, then so be it.
It will be interesting to do a comparison between BIG K & little k when it has some miles under it's belt. It is only 10 days old with 15 miles on the odoI shall continue as member here even if ROB does not want me to continue as Mod.

#6 ·
You`ve chosen the best colour. And as for tailgate foot sensor.......a total waste of money; it doesn`t work.

#7 ·
I've had enough of leccy boot lids, Completely unnecessary (for me!) and if the K is anything to go by a right royla pain in the arris! I would not have bought the Karoq, had it been so equipped.
Didn't realise Emerald was available on Kodiaq now.

#8 ·
Hope you can stay on Colin so we can benefit from your experience and good humour of course and it would be interesting to hear your experiences with Karoq and a comparison to K.

#9 ·
Thank you.
I shall stay as a member even if ROB decides I should relinquish the 'Mod-ship' He asked me to take up that position, so I suppose he can ask me to give it up, though I am not sure why he should.

#10 ·
LordJellybelly said:
You`ve chosen the best colour. And as for tailgate foot sensor.......a total waste of money; it doesn`t work.
It works every time for me thou! Well since I ended up with buying a stock car I didn't have any choice. I would never have added it myself but now when I have it it's actually nice, with baby in one hand and bags and trolleys in the others😂

On Topic:
Looking forward for your comparisson on the Kodiaq and Karoq. I chosed between the two but it ended up with Kodiaq cuz of the bootspace!

#11 ·
That is exactly why I went for the Kodiaq (although, of course, the Karoq was not available to order in 2016.)
The Karoq I have bought has the 'Varioflex seats' which go a long way to making the boot just big enough for the 2 hounds.
Varioflex was(/is?) not available on the 7 seater and when I ordered, the 5 seat SE L did not exist. It was 7 seats or nothing on the SE L.

I was most surprised when AVIVA charged me £25 MORE to insure the Karoq. Smaller, cheaper car group 14. Kodiaq group 13????? I know it's 1 whole second faster to 62 but why otherwise, as it has more safety tech on it.

#13 ·
I was most surprised when AVIVA charged me £25 MORE to insure the Karoq. Smaller, cheaper car group 14. Kodiaq group 13????? I know it's 1 whole second faster to 62 but why otherwise, as it has more safety tech on it.
I was going to say it's because they can. Any excuse and all that ;)
The real eason is more likey to be that, in the case of a total loss of either car, it would cost Aviva more to pay for the Karoq (being new) than it would the Kodiaq (being used).

#14 ·
Quite possibly.
I'm not going have a melt down over £25. My premium for the Kodiaq went down from £248 last year to £211 this year so I am still quids in!

#15 ·
My dogs 45kg and not as agile as she used to be so usually goes into rear footwell up onto rear seat and into boot through fold down middle seat 😂 quite happily jumps out of boot at home though .
Foot swipe seems to be really effected by weather and dirt I've noticed

#16 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Thank you.
I shall stay as a member even if ROB decides I should relinquish the 'Mod-ship' He asked me to take up that position, so I suppose he can ask me to give it up, though I am not sure why he should.
More than happy for you to stay on board Colin. As I'm sure everyone on here appreciates you've been a very valuable member and helped out immensely with moderating duties which is very much appreciated from my side. Best wishes with the new car and see you on the KaroqForum!

Two years have flown by on here.

Cheers
Rob

#17 ·
Rob,
Many thanks!
I have PM'd you on Karoq as PM here seems to be intermittent
cheers,
Colin

#18 ·
As a point of interest, I was talking to a friend (yes I DO have a few!! :lol: ) This morning who owns a RangeRover.
Her electric tailgate is cr@p as well, doing exactly what mine does,Opens halfway. Also the Rangey is fitted with an electric switch to lower the rear seats. It sometimes does not work and when does takes four times as long as pulling a lever and shoving the seat.
Yes, I know, Rangerover rubbish blah blah. But I thought it interesting that even when you spend over £50k you still have problems!
Anybody ordering a Kodiaq, I would think very carefully about having the electric tailgate. Ask yourself "Do I REALLY need it?"
Manufacturers are trying to outdo each other with tech and fitting kit before it is proved reliable. (IMHO)

#19 ·
Colin, when you say "electric tailgate", are you talking about the electric operation of the tailgate (going up and down), or the remote sensor by which you wave your leg and get it to start moving?

#20 ·
Electric operation. open/close/ up/down. NOT the foot 'waggler'.
I'm so glad the Karoq is 'Manuel'! ;)

#21 ·
Never had any trouble with the electric tailgate. Opens when I ask it, closes when I ask it. Never had it open randomly like others either. I actually quite like it, other than people trying to close it manually when I'm giving them a lift or something similar.

I'd be happy if it had come with a manual but no option as standard. Don't think I've had paid for it if I'm honest.

Glad you're staying on Colin, much appreciate your insight and knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.