Goodbye U/S tailgate, wonky door guards etc.

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Re: Goodbye U/S tailgate, wonky door guards etc.

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:40 am

That is exactly why I went for the Kodiaq (although, of course, the Karoq was not available to order in 2016.)
The Karoq I have bought has the 'Varioflex seats' which go a long way to making the boot just big enough for the 2 hounds.
Varioflex was(/is?) not available on the 7 seater and when I ordered, the 5 seat SE L did not exist. It was 7 seats or nothing on the SE L.

I was most surprised when AVIVA charged me £25 MORE to insure the Karoq. Smaller, cheaper car group 14. Kodiaq group 13????? I know it's 1 whole second faster to 62 but why otherwise, as it has more safety tech on it.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:53 am

Is the virtual cockpit a standard feature on the Karoq SE L?
If so, do you think it's worth the extra £550 on the new Kodiaq?
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

old man

Post by old man » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 am

I was most surprised when AVIVA charged me £25 MORE to insure the Karoq. Smaller, cheaper car group 14. Kodiaq group 13????? I know it's 1 whole second faster to 62 but why otherwise, as it has more safety tech on it.

I was going to say it's because they can. Any excuse and all that ;)
The real eason is more likey to be that, in the case of a total loss of either car, it would cost Aviva more to pay for the Karoq (being new) than it would the Kodiaq (being used).

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:57 am

Quite possibly.
I'm not going have a melt down over £25. My premium for the Kodiaq went down from £248 last year to £211 this year so I am still quids in!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 am

My dogs 45kg and not as agile as she used to be so usually goes into rear footwell up onto rear seat and into boot through fold down middle seat 😂 quite happily jumps out of boot at home though .
Foot swipe seems to be really effected by weather and dirt I’ve noticed
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:48 pm
Thank you.
I shall stay as a member even if ROB decides I should relinquish the 'Mod-ship' He asked me to take up that position, so I suppose he can ask me to give it up, though I am not sure why he should.
More than happy for you to stay on board Colin. As I'm sure everyone on here appreciates you've been a very valuable member and helped out immensely with moderating duties which is very much appreciated from my side. Best wishes with the new car and see you on the KaroqForum!

Two years have flown by on here.

Cheers
Rob

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am

Rob,
Many thanks!
I have PM'd you on Karoq as PM here seems to be intermittent
cheers,
Colin
[color=#00

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 am

As a point of interest, I was talking to a friend (yes I DO have a few!! :lol: ) This morning who owns a RangeRover.
Her electric tailgate is cr@p as well, doing exactly what mine does,Opens halfway. Also the Rangey is fitted with an electric switch to lower the rear seats. It sometimes does not work and when does takes four times as long as pulling a lever and shoving the seat.
Yes, I know, Rangerover rubbish blah blah. But I thought it interesting that even when you spend over £50k you still have problems!
Anybody ordering a Kodiaq, I would think very carefully about having the electric tailgate. Ask yourself "Do I REALLY need it?"
Manufacturers are trying to outdo each other with tech and fitting kit before it is proved reliable. (IMHO)
[color=#00

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Colin, when you say “electric tailgate”, are you talking about the electric operation of the tailgate (going up and down), or the remote sensor by which you wave your leg and get it to start moving?
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Electric operation. open/close/ up/down. NOT the foot 'waggler'.
I'm so glad the Karoq is 'Manuel'! ;)
[color=#00

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”