All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
xiaokai

Aftermarket Reversing Camera

Post by xiaokai » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 am

Aftermarket Reversing Camera

Hi Guys

I just got my Kodiaq today, and already drove it 300 miles :D
I love it.
I was wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a reversing camera, that can connect with the steering and with the infotainment display. So when I put it in reverse, it will show the camera feed on the screen and show the guidelines moving with the movement of the steering.
The guidelines and steering are not very important but I guess its close to what Skoda would have.
Also any recommendation on fitting service in London (pref North West London).

Thanks

X
2017 Skoda Kodiaq Edition TSI 1.4 4x4 DSG 7 Seater

StephenL

Re: Aftermarket Reversing Camera

Post by StephenL » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm

I had one fitted by a (reasonably) local auto electricians. It gives the steering guidelines, displays on the radio screen, and has the camera integrated into a new boot handle. Don't know what make it is. Unfortunately for you they are in Lancashire. But it proves they are readily available. If you message me I can give you their contact details so you can maybe find out the manufacturer.
Kodiaq 1.4 Tsi 2wd DSG SE Black, black leather heated seats, Canton, mood lighting, spare wheel, kessy, rear camera (3rd party fitted)

kodiaq-ki

Post by kodiaq-ki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Jdepport

Post by Jdepport » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 am

Hi StephenL,

I’m Lancashire based and have just taken delivery of my new Edition. I’m interested in getting a reversing camera retrofitted too so if you could provide the details of the guys that did yours that would be great! Also what was the total cost?

My Kodi only has rear sensors (no front) so can I still get a camera that integrates with the Columbus screen showing the guide lines when the wheel turns? Sorry if it’s a daft question, I’ve never had anything retrofitted to a car before so am a complete newbie!

Thanks,

J

StephenL

Post by StephenL » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi - I had mine fitted by JY Auto Electrics at Haslingden. Speak to Darren Bennet on 01706 220555. Don't mind you mentioning my name - Stephen Lee of Settle. They initially had an issue finding one which was fully compatible, it being a new model to the market at the time, but they persevered and I'm very happy with it. Displays the steering lines and is good in dark conditions as well. The camera fits into a replacement boot handle and does not seem to get covered in grime.
Kodiaq 1.4 Tsi 2wd DSG SE Black, black leather heated seats, Canton, mood lighting, spare wheel, kessy, rear camera (3rd party fitted)

kodibliaq

Post by kodibliaq » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 pm

The dealers will do this for you. They only had my car for half a day to retro fit the rear camera. Surely its better to have the factory purpose fit Skoda stuff than an aftermarket one? I think it costs about £300 from memory. All functions enabled on infotainment when you put in in reverse. Its great!
SKODA KODIAQ SE 2.0 TDI 150 DSG FWD Black Magic Pearl Effect Paint -Extras: Rear Reverse Camera

StephenL

Post by StephenL » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:47 am

The factory did not have a retro kit when I had mine done. They said they were not prepared to release one. It was the dealers who recommended the auto electricians to me. Everything works as it would the genuine article. Please mind your tone when I reply to a genuine question.

kodibliaq

Post by kodibliaq » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:35 pm

StephenL wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:47 am
The factory did not have a retro kit when I had mine done. They said they were not prepared to release one. It was the dealers who recommended the auto electricians to me. Everything works as it would the genuine article. Please mind your tone when I reply to a genuine question.
theres no tone intended Stephen. I suggest your just a sensitive fella
SKODA KODIAQ SE 2.0 TDI 150 DSG FWD Black Magic Pearl Effect Paint -Extras: Rear Reverse Camera

kodiaq-ki

Post by kodiaq-ki » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Wow which dealer can do it for £300? Might be worth me travelling as my dealer quoting £650 + vat to supply and fit to factory spec

DrMatt

Post by DrMatt » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:05 pm

kodiaq-ki wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:09 pm
Wow which dealer can do it for £300? Might be worth me travelling as my dealer quoting £650 + vat to supply and fit to factory spec
I got redirected to a local autoelectric shop by my dealer who wanted £500 to supply and fit a non Skoda camera. They said it was more for genuine parts
Ordered in September 2018; collected 18th December. 1.5TSi ACT DSG Edition in Black Magic (the one true colour!) with Virtual Pedal. What a beast!! Why did I waste 20 years of hard earned cash on Audis?

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”