LACK OF ORGAN STYLE PEDAL

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
LordJellybelly

LACK OF ORGAN STYLE PEDAL

Post by LordJellybelly » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:13 am

Having spent a week on French motorways where auto cruise control could really be appreciated I found my foot occasionally slipping off the accelerator pedal. I intend to cover it with a piece of rubber roll secured around it but I ask myself why on a top range car an organ type pedal as I had previously on a 22 year old Merc E320 could not be standard? It allows the foot to rest much more comfortably and of course no slipping. :?:
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

Kenny R

Re: LACK OF ORGAN STYLE PEDAL

Post by Kenny R » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:18 pm

My previous Yeti had the organ type accelerator pedal and expected the Kodiaq to be the same. I have to say I quickly got used to the different pedal and have to say I’ve never experienced my foot slipping off. Do you have the form over function alloy pedals, have youf pedals had some sort of polish applied or diesel residue been picked up from forecourt, or perhaps it’s your footwear that’s causing the problem.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Organ pedals are good when you’re not changing the position much, as they provide a footrest. However, they’re horrid when you are, as the natural action of the ankle doesn’t quite match the rotation of the pedal, and the sole of your shoe has to slide along the surface. For that reason, I’m not too keen on the organ pedal in my old Benz. The best pedals I’ve ever used are of the “roller” type, with a bearing-mounted roller on the end. The roller turns to maintain contact with your shoe - nice!
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 am

I thought they had died years ago. I can't remember seeing a modern car with an organ pedal, ever.
Here you are!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MG-MIDGE ... Sw0Lha6Iqi
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

duncanlowe

Post by duncanlowe » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 am
I thought they had died years ago. I can't remember seeing a modern car with an organ pedal, ever.
Here you are!
They come and go. Superb Mk2 had one. I hadn't realised the Kodi didn't, it has made that little difference to me. Last car I had before the Superb with one, would be my 2CV.
Kodiaq 190 Edition 4x4 DSG 5 seat in a rather fetching shade of velvet red. From Stafford, England.

bother

Post by bother » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 am
Here you are!
Our Mk6 Golf has one.
Edition 1.4DSG, Front Sensors, Spacesaver

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”