Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Be aware....wireless charging no longer available!

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr_Pepper 
#1 ·
Maybe its me, but I had thought that the spec I looked at in July would still stand, but luckily, by chance, I asked the showroom bloke today about the wireless charging and he said it is no longer available. Anywhere!

I'm glad I found that out before I decided on my new phone as that was going to be an essential option for me!

#2 ·
Never go by what a salesman says, Skoda dealerships are useless.

#5 ·
caines said:
Excuse my ignorance, but I assume the removal of the signal booster part means the wireless charging doesn't work?
They originally boasted both wireless charging (QI) and also the facility to boost the signal whilst the phone is in the tray, if the have only removed the booster then it will still charge the phone.

#6 ·
Interesting. Thanks. Mmm. According to another group they seem to think that Skoda are trying to sort out the booster issue and some say (from last April) that they have been told that skoda are not including wireless charging in the meantime.

Is there anyway to find out reliably whether the wireless charging has been reimplemented yet (as that was info from 6 months ago)...rather than asking a dealer? Anyone have any contact details?

Irritatingly, I can't find where I had seen that wireless charging was included I thought it was the brochure but now cant find it.

#7 ·
I can comment that the wireless charging and booster are related. The wireless charging pad was also the bit that picked up the phone signal and sent it to the booster. So I guess until there is a charger that doesn't include the booster pickup, there will be neither. Mine delivered July 2108 has neither.

#8 ·
duncanlowe said:
I can comment that the wireless charging and booster are related. The wireless charging pad was also the bit that picked up the phone signal and sent it to the booster. So I guess until there is a charger that doesn't include the booster pickup, there will be neither. Mine delivered July 2108 has neither.
In 2108 I guess things have moved on.

#11 ·
Dr_Pepper said:
I've installed wireless charging on mine for less than £5 - simply buy a suitable charging pad that runs on usb and stick it in the cigarette lighter. All concealed in the slidy tray. Works great.
That's a workaround but not really what folk want. I'd forget to unplug it for starters.

#14 ·
Hugh Fanism said:
Dr_Pepper said:
I've installed wireless charging on mine for less than £5 - simply buy a suitable charging pad that runs on usb and stick it in the cigarette lighter. All concealed in the slidy tray. Works great.
That's a workaround but not really what folk want. I'd forget to unplug it for starters.
No need to unplug, it doesn't run the battery down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.