Re: Who’s got a car on order?

Post by Lazy_T » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:51 pm

How long ago did you order etc?

Gustychelsea

Post by Gustychelsea » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 pm

GRANTWILDE wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:51 am
My Kodiaq has been on order since 22 July 18, as per my signature. I was informed on 20 Oct that it was in transportation to Emden. Following live chat with Robert at Skoda UK this morning, the status has not changed in 16 days and Skoda UK do not know where the car currently is or when it will arrive in the UK. Is anyone else stuck in the same limbo?

I'm starting to seriously lose confidence in Skoda to the extent that I have started to look to other manufacturers to see if I can find an alternative SUV with all the bells and whistles that I can drive off a forecourt and then cancel my Skoda order.
Same, confirmed 2 Thursday's ago as on it's way to emden. Asked again last Wednesday and still going to emden. Must be some journey
2.0 Litre tdi Sportline DSG 4x4 Moon white due to be delivered some time in the next decade (we hope)

Lazy_T

Post by Lazy_T » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Was told yest I have a provisional build week of 48 for the car.

We have a baby due on 9th of Feb, i'm going to be taking delivery of both right at the same time, aren't I? :lol:

PhilBate

Post by PhilBate » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:08 am

All the best Lazy_T with your new baby. For the Forum as a whole I draw your attention to my signature information. I've been waiting a while longer than most! (My wonderful dealer, Hughes of Aylesbury, have been looking after me though). Life is a marathon not a sprint so all will (hopefully) be fine in the end.
High Wycombe
(On order from 27 March) 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4 7 Seat Edition, Petrol Blue, Front/Rear sensors, Spare wheel, Heated Screen + Jets, Rear Camera, CANTON sound, Media Command and Aluminium pedals.

dcastle85

Post by dcastle85 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Afternoon All,

I placed my Order on 16th May, after several months of being promised "It should be next month", my car has finally been built and is waiting export. I have a proposed delivery date of Week 48.

The main reason for purchasing the vehicle was due to a baby due in October. Unfortunately my car was not ready for when baby arrived, after several weeks of chasing the dealership and asking what can be done i got no response. After a single comment on a Facebook post of a Skoda advert a member of their Customer Support team contacted me and arranged a temporary hire of a 7 seat vehicle until my is ready.

Id suggest if any of you are n the same position as i was, to skip the dealer ship and go straight to Skoda. They have been extremely helpful in putting temporary measures in place until my vehicle is delivered.

For Note - I have ordered Kodiaq 1.4TSI SE L 7 Seat, Black with Tiglav Alloys. Which im sure will now be the 1.5TSI but have not had official confirmation of that either

Fingers crossed vehicle is delivered WK48
Dan
West Midlands

Ready for collection after 6 month wait :) - Skoda Kodiaq 1.4 TSI SE L - DSG 7 Seat, Black with Triglav Alloys.

Lazy_T

Post by Lazy_T » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Cheers guys, appreciate.

Have only leased mine via our business, so have very little contact with a dealer etc, only the lease firm.

2.0 TDI 190 Edition with a few extras (7 seat); hoping the rate at which the diesels are being churned our works in my favour...

TonyC

Post by TonyC » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Grant Wilde, it sounds like you’re having a nightmare! Your post got me worried, so I checked with SUK today. They confirmed my car arrived at Emden yesterday, so there’s definitely something seriously amiss with yours if they can’t pinpoint its location!
Hope they sort it out for you soon.
Now I’m just hurrying up and waiting for one of those vessels to take it to Sheerness...
ON ORDER (17th Sept 2018)... 2.0 TDI 190 Sportline 7 Seat SCR DSG 4x4, Black Magic, Canton, Heated Wheel with paddles, Heated windscreen / washers, Towbar prep, Front and rear parking sensors, personalisation of drive mode, space saver.

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Following the long saga of keep being told different delivery dates and now facing another five month wait until mid/end March next year..... I've cancelled my order.

I spoke to Skoda UK, as the dealer suggested, to negotiate some form of compensation for loss of trade in value if I held on to March. The resounding answer was "Skoda don't pay compensation"

So I emailed cancellation to the dealer and then phoned up and got a full refund of the deposit. That all happened at the beginning of this week.

Today Skoda UK phoned me and have offered to cover any loss of value my car suffered through depreciation to keep me as a customer. For me that was going to be around £2,000.

I hate to say it but I think they suck.

If you have had extended delays and your dealer wants to reduce the value of your trade in then do seek compensation as they can and do offer it.

On a positive note I hope to be picking up a Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux on Saturday. And low and behold my trade in value at Land Rover is now £1,350 less than I was offered in April by Skoda. Thanks a million Skoda.

I'd prefer to be collecting the Kodiaq but I really do need a more practical car this side of never.
Kodiaq Edition (7 Seats) 2.0 TSI DSG DCC Quartz Grey, Beige Leather, Virtual Cockpit

liqdaddymac

Post by liqdaddymac » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Lazy_T wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:51 pm
How long ago did you order etc?
I ordered on 11th September but the car was already ordered by dealer as a stock car. It was build week 34 and had been sat around.

It’s on way to dealer now, registered in my name etc with DVLA so could be any day now!
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Andrew_Bu

Post by Andrew_Bu » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:58 pm

whooooooosh wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:06 pm
Following the long saga of keep being told different delivery dates and now facing another five month wait until mid/end March next year..... I've cancelled my order.

I spoke to Skoda UK, as the dealer suggested, to negotiate some form of compensation for loss of trade in value if I held on to March. The resounding answer was "Skoda don't pay compensation"

So I emailed cancellation to the dealer and then phoned up and got a full refund of the deposit. That all happened at the beginning of this week.

Today Skoda UK phoned me and have offered to cover any loss of value my car suffered through depreciation to keep me as a customer. For me that was going to be around £2,000.

I hate to say it but I think they suck.

If you have had extended delays and your dealer wants to reduce the value of your trade in then do seek compensation as they can and do offer it.

On a positive note I hope to be picking up a Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux on Saturday. And low and behold my trade in value at Land Rover is now £1,350 less than I was offered in April by Skoda. Thanks a million Skoda.

I'd prefer to be collecting the Kodiaq but I really do need a more practical car this side of never.
I too cancelled my order on Tuesday. I ordered back in May on the proviso that the Kodiaq would be ready for next Monday, the day my current lease ends. To have to wait until February/March is just impossible so I have reached a deal on a Q7 and will be collecting it on Monday.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”