Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Is it possible to lock the car without arming the alarm?

12K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DaveM 
#1 ·
Hi

Is there a way to lock the doors but not arm the alarm (or at least the internal movement detector)?

From time to time we need to do this if the dog is in the boot and we nip into a shop or something. All my previous cars had this facility but I cant find it in my user manual.

Cheers

David

G
#2 ·
From the owners manual......
Interior monitor and towing protection
 Read and observe on page 65 first.
The interior monitor detects movements inside the locked vehicle and then
triggers the alarm.
The anti-towing detects tilts in the locked vehicle and then triggers the alarm.
These functions should be deactivated if there is a possibility that the alarm will be triggered by movements (e.g. by people or animals) within the vehicle interior or if the vehicle has to be transported (e.g. by train or ship) or towed.
Deactivate
The functions can be deactivated simultaneously in the Infotainment menu Car → Settings→ Opening and closing.
Safelock is switched off during deactivation.

#4 ·
On mine, there's a button low down on the B pillar. Press it then close the door and lock it. The internal sensor is then disabled. However, I have heard that this function is not available on later vehicles. Why, I don't know.

#5 ·
StephenL said:
On mine, there's a button low down on the B pillar. Press it then close the door and lock it. The internal sensor is then disabled. However, I have heard that this function is not available on later vehicles. Why, I don't know.
Mine doesn't have the pillar button. Just press the lock button twice quickly on the remote locking fob.

#7 ·
davidb said:
press key fob lock button twice and it will lock with no alarm activation
I've been "trained" to hit the button twice to activate deadlocks in almost all previous cars. So actually I'm the Kodiaq I'm making it less secure by double presses? ?

#8 ·
Gordie1973 said:
davidb said:
press key fob lock button twice and it will lock with no alarm activation
I've been "trained" to hit the button twice to activate deadlocks in almost all previous cars. So actually I'm the Kodiaq I'm making it less secure by double presses? ?
Yes. The double press will leave the car locked, but with the interior movement sensors off, the towing sensor off, and the doors openable by using the interior handles. (The handbook is not clear about whether ooening the bonnet, hatchback or doors will still trigger the alarm, and I haven't tried it.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.