Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Production delays??

11K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  FoxtrotAlpha 
#1 ·
My first Kodiaq order took a reasonable 9 weeks to reach the dealer. Sadly the dealer messed up the options I chose, so they've now re-ordered my car.

I'm still waiting to be given an estimated build week 12 day after the order was accepted by Skoda. When I called Skoda customer services I was told that Edition orders were now taking between 17-25 weeks to build !!!

After speaking to some industry contacts I was given the following possible explanation for the sudden slow down in production

Right now a lot of orders for new cars (all brands) are becoming indefinite due to the requirement for all new cars to conform to the new World Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) for measuring CO2 emissions and fuel and apparently a lot of them don't. Could explain why future 2.0 TSI engine will have a particulate filter added.

Looks like the VAG emission scandal is rearing it's ugly head again?

#3 ·
Hi Cadence, I have been chasing my dealer on my order too, as I hadn't had any news. I had ordered mid-Feb, and on the order confirmation was given an estimated delivery time of end of May. As we're expecting a baby during May, I had hoped that the actual delivery may be sooner. I just got an email back from the dealer saying that Skoda have accepted my order, but that they can't give any more information than that at the moment. The explanation given is that the car is so popular that they have had to stop taking orders, but that the situation may change quickly. Not sure whether this is some kind if spin from Skoda, and that there are some other issues, more aligned to the issues you mention above. Either way it is very disappointing.

#4 ·
davos said:
Hi Cadence, I have been chasing my dealer on my order too, as I hadn't had any news. I had ordered mid-Feb, and on the order confirmation was given an estimated delivery time of end of May. As we're expecting a baby during May, I had hoped that the actual delivery may be sooner. I just got an email back from the dealer saying that Skoda have accepted my order, but that they can't give any more information than that at the moment. The explanation given is that the car is so popular that they have had to stop taking orders, but that the situation may change quickly. Not sure whether this is some kind if spin from Skoda, and that there are some other issues, more aligned to the issues you mention above. Either way it is very disappointing.
I think that is total
at least in the U.K.
How many have any of us seen? I have seen 4 others in a whole year!
I'm going to have to hang onto my Kodiaq for a long time then (that will be a first!) one of the main reasons for not getting a diesel is that I cannot be arsed to f@rt about with a DPF. With my driving requirements it will be constantly re-generating!

#5 ·
I spoke to Skoda this morning on their website chat to get an update on my order as i still hadn't received my order number from my dealer, even though i had asked 3 times. The Skoda chat repesentative was very helpful, found and provided my order number, and told me my car was due to be built week commencing the 2nd April and generally 6 - 8 weeks after to arrive at the dealers so estimated delivery of the 11th May still stands. Obviously i have gone for a different engine and spec, so my build times might be different, but maybe a chat with the Skoda chat representative will give you a better understanding of where your car is in the pipeline. I guess anything can happen though until the vehicle in actually at the dealers in your hands.

#7 ·
It takes 26 HOURS to build a Kodiaq according to the Kvasiny factory.
As far as I remember 1 comes off the end of the line every 3 minutes.
Watch here.

#8 ·
It takes 26 HOURS to build a Kodiaq according to the Kvasiny factory.
As far as I remember 1 comes off the end of the line every 3 minutes.
[youtube]Kodiaq production at kvasiny[/youtube]

#9 ·
davos said:
Thank you for the feedback Davos,
My dealer estimated circa 11-14 weeks to get my replacement order (the first one took 9 weeks). As the order hasn't been allocated a build week after 2 weeks, I called Skoda customer services to check what's happening.
They seemed surprised at the dealer's estimate - they were told new orders are now between 17-25 weeks lead time.
One of them is wrong!
On the plus side, I might get a digital dashboard and a 190TSI now 😬

#10 ·
I also hassled Skoda UK this morning, as I've still not received a build week for my Kodiaq - 190 Tdi SE-L ordered at the end of Feb. They confirmed there is still no build week allocated, but also continue to claim that the lead time for a new order is 12 weeks. Here's hoping.

#11 ·
Mine didn't go to status 20 until mid point of the actual week of production so I might not be something to worry about. Then it went on a 4 week holiday in Emden until they found it again (it didn't change status during this period).

My advice is to ignore the dealer, my experience is that they are pretty clueless and don't check the system very often or chase orders. Go directly to Customer Services, the Exec office if there seems to be an issue. The Skoda Exec office was very good when trying to sort out my late order. I was given a Audi Q7 during my wait and also some freebies for the Kodiaq. Don't ask for compensation, demand it.

Post Sales the dealer, Skoda Customer Services and Exec Office have been as useful as a chocolate teapot. It would appear they only care about the sale and not a long term happy customer.

#12 ·
Cadence/Jon/Shocks/Mr T/Bram/Inkarr/Colin,
Thanks to everyone for the replies and thoughts. I have taken the advice and called UK customer services. They said that it looks like my build week will be week 15 (four weeks away) but that that should be confirmed next week. So that doesn't seem to bad. They said to call back again next week to check as the build date should be confirmed by then. Fingers crossed.

#13 ·
I am let to understand that it was part of the agreement between SUK and Dealer that the latter MUST keep the customer updated regularly with the progress of your order.
Feel free to copy the form below and request that the dealer sends you a copy by email every time he receives an update from the factory.
The status code and details (top left of form) should tell you exactly what is happening to your car.
Bear in mind though, that once at Emden Skoda have to wait for a boat. and the boats carry ALL VAG cars and vans and obviously, one assumes, that VW and Audi take preference over the plebs SEAT and Skoda
Meadens were brilliant with me I got the form within minutes of them getting it.
Hope this helps.

#14 ·
It's now 3+ weeks since my replacement order was accepted on the Skoda order system - it was supposed to have some sort of priority as the original order from December 2017 was messed up by the dealer.

Skoda UK (SUK) customer services have been on the case for a couple of weeks now and to be fair to them, they've called me 3 times now with 'updates'

Unfortunately these updates are all the same - no build week allocated. SUK say it's unusual for an order to remain in limbo for so long however they're unable to give a reason (why? - it should be just be a call to the factory)

I'm told to expect another 'update' in a weeks time.

Based on SUK's previous gloomy forecast of a circa 20 week lead time for petrol Edition orders once a build week is confirmed, I'm looking at a September 2018 registration.

I think 8-9 months is unacceptable for a mass produced car - even Morgan can beat that these days!

I'll use that time we'll looking at other brands - there are other great SUVs out there Skoda

#15 ·
It's now around 3 weeks that I placed my order, and still not even a hint of a build week. I asked SUK and they didn't think it was unusual or anything to get worried about. However, I need the car for the summer holidays (originally given a provisional "end of May" delivery estimate by the dealer), so if we get to the end of the month and still don't have a build week, I don't see much option other than to cancel the order.

#16 ·
MrTrilby said:
It's now around 3 weeks that I placed my order, and still not even a hint of a build week. I asked SUK and they didn't think it was unusual or anything to get worried about. However, I need the car for the summer holidays (originally given a provisional "end of May" delivery estimate by the dealer), so if we get to the end of the month and still don't have a build week, I don't see much option other than to cancel the order.
I suppose as long as you stated you needed it by 'x' date and they accepted you would get it before that date then deffo you would be well within your rights to cancel. Take myself for example, I wasn't too fussed about when I got it as I'm in no desperate rush I just expect to get updated as to progress....which I haven't received.

#18 ·
Shocks said:
MrTrilby said:
I suppose as long as you stated you needed it by 'x' date and they accepted you would get it before that date then deffo you would be well within your rights to cancel. Take myself for example, I wasn't too fussed about when I got it as I'm in no desperate rush I just expect to get updated as to progress....which I haven't received.
I had the same issue when they lost mine in Emden for a month. Talk to the Skoda Exec office as they arranged a free of charge hire car from the promised date and the actual delivery date , it was an Audi Q7 so I wasn't too upset. You may need to get into their ribs on a daily basis. They also added a few freebies onto the car as a gesture of good will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.