Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Baby Seat in 3rd row Kodiaq

12K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bigboss 
#1 ·
Hi,

My name is Miki and my wife and I are about to purchase a 7 seat Skoda Kodiaq 2.0L Style .
We have 4 kids and the only outstanding question is the option to fit a child seat (for our 2 year old son) at the 3rd row.

We tried our current child seat but since the 3rd row seats are narrow the child seat can't fit.

We are aware there are no latch anchors in the 3rd row seats, and we are perfectly fine with securing the baby seat using the safety straps of the car.

We love the Kodiaq and looking for an advise re which baby seat can fit in Kodiaq's 3rd row seat?

We would love to purchase any front facing convertible or all-in-one seat that can fit, regardless price or country of origin.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There is a Volvo slim seat for the middle of the second row.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-no/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-497427/2017

Could that work?

It would mean that you / your wife is in the 3rd row most of the time when travelling.

I'm sure there are seats that will fit into the 3rd row, but just watch out for the "how to attach the seat belt as it's a 2 piece system in the Skoda.

Without meaning to sending you to another manufacturer, the Touran by VW has 5 isofix points in the rear, as does the Q7 Audi. (Not sure about XC90 though)

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
My thoughts are that the rear seats would be best for slightly older kids that need a minimal booster seat or none at all. I've got a spare seat for my 3 year old (was bought when he was 2) but I've not tried it in the back yet, I will do tomorrow.

#4 ·
Bear in mind that if both ends of the 2nd row have a child seat, you cannot access the 3rd row except from the boot.

#5 ·
bigboss said:
Bear in mind that if both ends of the 2nd row have a child seat, you cannot access the 3rd row except from the boot.
Yes we have this issue. 2 booster seats on the side then a rear facing baby seat in the middle

Then if we need to use the 3rd row it via the boot haha. It's annoying but no other choice until the kids are older. Mine are 7, 5 and 1 years old

#6 ·
Bear in mind that Euro NCAP report "safety critical" issues with fitting child seats to the third row seats in the Kodiaq. They don't elaborate on what those issues might be: possible that they simply couldn't get the seat they used to fit properly, and another seat might fit better, but that might not be the case.

https://cdn.euroncap.com/media/27847/euroncap-2017-skoda-kodiaq-datasheet.pdf

#7 ·
We have Britax ISOFIX high back booster seats in the 2nd row on the outside seats for our two children.

Access to the rear is a pain with these in place as the 2nd row seat won't fold forward so you so you either have to remove the seat or squeeze through a small gap, or use the boot as someone has suggest (although this only really works when you are only using one of the 3rd row seats!)

We found our Britax seats don't fit in the 3rd row seats. We have a couple of Trunki Boostapak seats (https://www.trunki.co.uk/collections/boostapak) which we find work really well in the 3rd row seats on the odd occasion we have reason to use those seats. The Boostapaks can be stored in the boot against the back of the 2nd row seats using a luggage net when not being used so they're always to hand when needed.

We decided the kids are so cocooned in the 3rd row as it's pretty snug that this would suffice for the odd journey we make with more than the 5 main seats in use

Hope this helps...

#8 ·
I've got isofix points in the front passenger seat for my 4 year old in case it's needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.