Kodiaq with 3 kids in seats

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
kodiaqbp

Kodiaq with 3 kids in seats

Post by kodiaqbp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi I have a 8 and 5 year old both in boosters. We are due another one!

Would the kodiaq also fit a baby seat on the rear seats or not?

We are considering one of these but want to make sure from experience its big enough.

I dont mind the idea of putting using seats 6/7 but i worry then no pram would fit in the boot.

Any advice from familys in similar boat would be amazing.

I did search and find a few threads most of which never get a true answer.

Pink72

Re: Kodiaq with 3 kids in seats

Post by Pink72 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi, I have 3 kids and that is what drove my purchase fundamentally. You can get 3 across the 2nd row if you choose narrow seats and do not use isofix however my concern is always what if the side airbags go off. After all I chose the car to put metal and some safety around them. I have my 3 and 6 year olds in the second row and my 8 year old in seat 6. The pushchair still fits in the boot space left. Unfortunately nothing is perfect in the SUV space and everything is a bit of a compromise but it all works. Ironically it gets easier as they move to boosters or reach 135cm. Found the toughest set-up are the ages you have due to the bulk of the seats. If you have specific questions please feel free to message me and I will share all I can.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4x4 DSG quartz metallic - canton, heated steering wheel, screen & rear seats, ambient light, media cmd, personalisation drive mode, front parking sensors, tri zone climate control, vico opia2 cash cam, Thule wingbars.

Calla

Post by Calla » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi,

I'm in a similar position to you although my two are slightly younger at 4 and 2 with #3 due in July.

I looked at many options and although there are more sensible choices space-wise such as the various mpv's that have 3 full size seats across the second row (C4 Picasso etc), I just couldn't commit to such a lack-lustre, dull mode of transport. I may live to regret it, but I'm happy to compromise on some logistical issues for something like the Kodiaq.

My thoughts revolved around the fact that we only really travel as a 4/soon to be 5 at weekends so during the week, my oldest will be in the front (specced front seat isofix for ease), and the smalls on row 2 then at weekends, we will do some logistical manoeuvres with seats or my other half can be demoted to seat 6! 🤣

Anyway, good luck with #3, 3 under 5 is going to be a challenge for a while for us!

Calla x
Business grey SE L 1.4 4x4 DSG ordered 28.01.18 with heated screen, ACC, rear camera, front and rear sensors and a couple of other bits. Awaiting delivery.

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Not 100% on the legals etc, but can you not also spec isofix on the passenger seat and stick the eldest in there in his / her chair with the airbag off?

We were looking at options for grandparents etc with luggage when they come to visit, and worked out that they could sit in middle row with our youngest beside them, eldest in the front seat in his booster, and wife in row 3 with one seat down for extra luggage.......

As said, not sure about legal requirements yet on the front seat, so happy to be advised!

Gordie
2.0T Sportline 7 seat 4wd

Quartz grey, ACC, Canton, Heated wheel / Screen, family pack, Front seat ISOFIX, flat bottom wheel with flappy paddles, travel assist, traffic sign recognition, front parking sensors.

Picking up 24th April

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm

It's certainly not illegal in the UK. I've got isofix in the front passenger seat as well.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Yeah, I’ve just looked it up and all seems good. Albeit middle row is seen as safer.

Adding isofix to the front seat!!!
2.0T Sportline 7 seat 4wd

Quartz grey, ACC, Canton, Heated wheel / Screen, family pack, Front seat ISOFIX, flat bottom wheel with flappy paddles, travel assist, traffic sign recognition, front parking sensors.

Picking up 24th April

kodiaqbp

Post by kodiaqbp » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am

Thanks for all the responses. As people say its not ideal but i cant see myself in a Picasso/SMax style car.

Has anyone got pics of 3 seats on one row, which seats do you have?

My 8 year old is not going to be in the seat for more that a couple of years judging by her height so may be a case of just buying a small pram and using the 3rd row for a small period of time then she can sit in the middle but I am quite careful when it comes to seats so although they are not bulky they are some of the best which recommended ones which are never narrow!

I suppose we are best just going down and getting the current kids in and letting them decide as if i choose and they do not like then the moaning will be unbearable and if we do go down a Picasso route then it will only be for a couple of years until the eldest is in normal seat then i could get a kodiaq.

Budgie

Post by Budgie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 am

Hi

I have 3 kids. 2 in booster and the youngest in a rear facing baby seat. My kids are 7, 5 and 1.

No issues with room
Ordered 14th of October. Built 10th of November. Picked up 25th of January

Technology and luxury pack with tow bar. Moon white

Melbourne, Australia

Calla

Post by Calla » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 am

In terms of current guidance for children in the front seat, if they are in a forward facing high back booster, it is advised to leave the airbag on but put the front seat as far back as possible. It is only advised to deactivate the airbag if the seat is a rearward facing seat.
Business grey SE L 1.4 4x4 DSG ordered 28.01.18 with heated screen, ACC, rear camera, front and rear sensors and a couple of other bits. Awaiting delivery.

Budgie

Post by Budgie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am

Also personal opinion but I would never put a baby or booster seat in the front
Ordered 14th of October. Built 10th of November. Picked up 25th of January

Technology and luxury pack with tow bar. Moon white

Melbourne, Australia

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”