Thule roof rack for Kodiaq

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
andrazk

Thule roof rack for Kodiaq

Post by andrazk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi!

Expecting my Kodiaq to come in a couple of months, just ordered, but want to be ready for the vacations. :)
I currently have a Thule 757 and 961 Wingbars (118 cm) system on my Superb, but thule guide recommends 775 + 969 (127 cm) for Kodiaq.

What's your experience or suggestion to do? Would 757 fit and should take longer bars? Or do I need to swap both?
Thanks!
Kodiaq Style 2.0 TDI 150 DSG, 2wd, 7 seats

andyvee

Re: Thule roof rack for Kodiaq

Post by andyvee » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:25 pm

The Kodiaq roof rails might be a different profile to the Superb, they are definitely different to those on my O3 Estate. I got the genuine Skoda roof bars.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Drew

Post by Drew » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:13 pm

I got the Thule recommended feet but used longer bars as I already had those from my s-max. Helps to fit the 4 bikes up there!
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 edition 4x4 DSG with electric tow bar, canton system, spare wheel, heated front screen, quartz grey - arriving at Arbury Leamington Spa Monday and collecting Thursday 6th April.

andrazk

Post by andrazk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:41 pm

andyvee wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:25 pm
The Kodiaq roof rails might be a different profile to the Superb, they are definitely different to those on my O3 Estate. I got the genuine Skoda roof bars.
Do you have any idea about the distance between the rails?
Kodiaq Style 2.0 TDI 150 DSG, 2wd, 7 seats

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:59 pm

I'll measure the Skoda roof bars later
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Thule recommends about 70cm.
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Jersey Boy

Post by Jersey Boy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Are those that went with the Skoda own roof bars happy with them in terms of ease of use (e.g. do they snap on and off as easily as they look like they should) and acceptable level of wind noise (as I don’t think they’re wing profile like the Thule bars,for example)? I like the Thule winbars but the ability to put on/off without having to deal with the strap and Allen key for the Thule feet is a plus for the Skoda own bars. Views/experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.
Edition, 2.0 TDI, 150 HP DSG. Black with black leather, area view, paranoramic sunroof, retractable towbar, child pack (inc fold down tables), Canton sound system, media command and front seat isofix :D

StevieG

Post by StevieG » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Can’t speak for the Skoda ones but I have bought the Thule wingbars. Very easy to put on, the Allen key is built into the end cap and very robust. Didn’t really notice any noise with just the bars although obviously whistles with ladders on. I have not put the bike carriers on yet and I’m sure they will add noise, they did on previous CRV. Highly recommend the 775 feet and 969 wingbars. Bought from The Journey Centre in Rotherham for £180. Simon is very helpful.
Ordered 8th August, collected 2nd October. SEL 2.0 TDI 190 4x4 DSG. Quartz Grey with Beige Upholstery, Factory Towbar, Reversing Camera, Front Parking Sensors. :D

OlivierW11

Post by OlivierW11 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Having bought some skoda bars for my previous yeti, that i ended up having to resell independantly to the car, I chose not to make that mistake again. I bought some thule wingbars, and as per Stevie here above, i find them brilliant. They are sturdy, easy to put on, and at least i'll be able to reuse them on other cars in future!
Next: Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI in Jungle Green (+pano/ambient/virtual pedal/Canton/Child pack/Heated Wheel w/ Shifters/etc.) Triglav to be repainted black soon... :roll:

Dr_Pepper

Post by Dr_Pepper » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:14 pm

I have lidl roof bars which I've used on my last 4 cars and they are great, really easy to zfit and remove to any spacing roof rails. However, I do always take them off after using because they do whistle a lot.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”