Raised boot floor available?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
PhilM

Re: Raised boot floor available?

Post by PhilM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi guys

12 months + on, has anyone found an aftermarket raised boot floor for the 5 seat Kodiaq?

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil
Current car: Skoda Superb Estate SE Business 2.0 TDI.

New Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition, 1.5 TSI on order - build date 3rd week of November, ETA early/mid January. Lots of extras ordered including Digital Dash & Adaptive Cruise Control.

RG1X

Post by RG1X » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Does anyone have any pics of the 5 seat with the seats down? I didn't realise that there was a step up to the rear seats (I've only seen the 7 seat).

For some reason I thought it was two part storage, with a sort of shallow shelf first, and then a deeper bit underneath (where the space saver wheel would go if you had it). Edit - Like this:

Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 pm

RG1X wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm
Does anyone have any pics of the 5 seat with the seats down? I didn't realise that there was a step up to the rear seats (I've only seen the 7 seat).

For some reason I thought it was two part storage, with a sort of shallow shelf first, and then a deeper bit underneath (where the space saver wheel would go if you had it). Edit - Like this:

Variable boot floor can be ordered but depends on trim/spec etc. I wanted it for my car but seems to be that a build limitation for NZ to get the price we do, spare wheel cannot be removed regardless of version. Image
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Rgr_dorset

Post by Rgr_dorset » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi

I have a 190 SEL DSG 5 seat and took delivery in January and faced the same issue of needing a flat floor option sometimes. I tried to get an OEM solution but eventually worked out that this wasn't available- dealer couldn't really understand why either as it can be done on 1.4

However I found a DIY solution. First I bought the OEM spare wheel kit which I didn't have and this is what I use most of the time. This still leaves a step up over the rear seats. So when I need a flat boot I use my DIY floor. I purchased the two OEM floor panels from a five seat 1.4 DSG model where it is available as standard (or was) in the UK. I then made a wooden sub frame that sits on top of the spare wheel floor and supports the floor plates. This then creates a level floor.

Works very well when needed. Only thing is the the tilt feature on an OEM fitting obviously won't be there but you can still store in the void under the panel on top of the wheel.Main issue I had was getting the correct part numbers from the dealer to order the parts to match the correct trim. In the end we found a 1.4 model and looked on those fitted. You could do the same without the spare wheel kit as well and have a bigger boot void underfloor although not sure the support frame would be so easy to build and fit

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:16 pm

I notice the new Skoda Configurator has now gone live, and a variable boot floor can now be specified.

My new car is being built next week so it's too late to change the configuration but I have spoken with my dealer (Horton Skoda of Lincoln) who are looking into whether these can be added once the car reaches them.
Current car: Skoda Superb Estate SE Business 2.0 TDI.

New Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition, 1.5 TSI on order - build date 3rd week of November, ETA early/mid January. Lots of extras ordered including Digital Dash & Adaptive Cruise Control.

Rgr_dorset

Post by Rgr_dorset » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm

That sounds like progress for new builds at least. I doubt if you can retrofit in full as the tilt mechanism is integral to the floor plan/ car chassis. You may eventually get the parts but not sure if you will be able to bolt through the metal. Skoda may do something to get around this of course

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”