Raised boot floor available?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
HarryC

Raised boot floor available?

Post by HarryC » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:18 pm

I have a strong need for a flat load bed in the boot with the back seats folded down. I have a 5 seat Kodiaq so it has the sunken boot and no spare tyre compared to the 7 seater, and then a big step up to the folded rear seats. What I need is a raised false floor to give a flat bed from the boot lip to the folded seats. Skoda don't offer one, does anyone know of a third party that makes a raised floor?
Adore my Kodiaq and super impressed by its mpg but it does have a number of minor irritations!

Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI DSG, 5 seater plus park-assist and area view camera, heated seats and wheel.

Sharms

Re: Raised boot floor available?

Post by Sharms » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 pm

I've had a look around and can't find anything immediately, perhaps a custom build with 9mm ply or thicker dependant upon the load and stapled or bonded felt overlay?
Ordered 05/10/17 - Received 12/12/17 (nine weeks, five days)
SE L 150 TDi DSG seven seat, pano roof, ambo lights, rear camera, canton sound, black interior, Quartz Grey

Zach

Post by Zach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm trying to find the OEM parts for the variable boot floor to no avail.
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Fazzer

Post by Fazzer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:47 pm

A Dealer in Rochdale told me that Skoda are planning to bring out a polystyrene kit that would raise the floor and allow for a spare tyre and other tools to be placed underneath a false floor. Actually loads of videos on Youtube for European 5 seat cars that have this already - when I come across one I will add a link.

Found one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMMwtVe85I advance to 5:35 5 seater raised floor - tyre underneath so why cant UK cars have this option?
Ordered mg brown/beige leather 2.0L 150 TDI DSG 5 seat Edition area view camera, park assist, trizone climate control, heated rear seats, media command and personalisation of drive mode, heated front window.

davebakerpurton

Post by davebakerpurton » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:13 pm

If you spec for a spare wheel you get a raised floor
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey, Kodiaq 5 seat SE 150 TDI

Gwynvor

Post by Gwynvor » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:33 pm

davebakerpurton wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:13 pm
You can't spec a spare wheel from SE L upwards, strange I know
SE L 2.0 TDI 150 2wd White, auto tow bar, front parking sensors, ACC. BW44 ordered 22/09/17. Car rejected awaiting replacement BW13 changed colour to quartz grey added heated windscreen.

Fazzer

Post by Fazzer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 pm

As Gwynvor said - its not an option - I went for an Edition 5 seat and just get a huge boot but no possibility of spare wheel with raised floor - which is crazy - currently researching if a kit may available in Europe.
Ordered mg brown/beige leather 2.0L 150 TDI DSG 5 seat Edition area view camera, park assist, trizone climate control, heated rear seats, media command and personalisation of drive mode, heated front window.

HarryC

Post by HarryC » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm

It's frustrating that Skoda make it, as shown in the video, but that someone has decided that it won't be allowed in Britain. It doesn't make sense.
Adore my Kodiaq and super impressed by its mpg but it does have a number of minor irritations!

Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI DSG, 5 seater plus park-assist and area view camera, heated seats and wheel.

Tradewind25

Re:

Post by Tradewind25 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Gwynvor wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:33 pm
davebakerpurton wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:13 pm
You can't spec a spare wheel from SE L upwards, strange I know
I ordered an SE L and wanted the variable boot floor and spare wheel. The only way this could be done was to order a 7 seater. I really only wanted a 5 seat version but went for 7 seats simply to get the options I required.
This is my first Skoda vehicle. I hope the driving experience is less crazy than the ordering or manuafacturing one. (Ordered 13 July, being told it's been at status 20 for the last 5 weeks and nobody can explain why!?!)
Kodiaq 7 seat SE L, Candy White, with spare wheel, front & rear parking sensors, rear seat backrest release, colour trip computer, bluetooth with LTE & wireless charging. Ordered 13 July; expecting delivery December.

aerodynamic18

Post by aerodynamic18 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Guys I noticed on the configurator that there is actually 2 types of spare wheel. A normal one and the space saver one. To get the canton you have to have the space saver one so maybe you have to get it to get the variable floor?
SE-L 7 seater,petrol blue 2.0 4x4 manual. With canton, led interior pack, kids pack, rear camera, front and rear sensors, colour maxi dot, floor mats, space saver wheel and mudflaps

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”