Driver seat headrest removal

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Roadster

Driver seat headrest removal

Post by Roadster » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:02 pm

All,

Does anyone know how to remove the driver seat headrest? I was planning to fix the Skoda coat hanger behind the driver's seat and do what I may, the headrest won't come off. I tried locating any kind of catch or switch but to no avail.
Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI DSG
Ordered: 17/Jul/2017
Build Week 34, changed to 35
Delivered 23/Sep/2017

Colin Lambert

Re: Driver seat headrest removal

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Simples!
On the left side of the headrest (when sitting in the seat) is a button. Press and lift. Voila!
Assuming of course that Skoda haven't changed THAT as well as other things on the My18 version.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

KodiaqDna

Post by KodiaqDna » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Agreed Colin, I was looking on the headrest stems for adjustment but couldn’t find them as on all the other cars I have had. Then I noticed that the button was on the side of the headrest.
Kodiaq Edition1.4tsi manual awd in quartz grey with black leather, rear view camera with led rear lights, adaptive cruise control, dynamic chassis control, rough road package, front /rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen/washers.

Roadster

Post by Roadster » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:00 pm
Simples!
On the left side of the headrest (when sitting in the seat) is a button. Press and lift. Voila!
Thanks Colin. I tried the button already and although I am able to lift the headrest all the way up, I am still unable to remove the headrest completely from the rail to fix the coat hanger. It seems to get stuck just at the last point and even pulling/pushing the headrest harder does not help. The manual does not cover this point as well.
Delivered 23/Sep/2017

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 am

Oh dear!
I think you may have a problem then fitting your clothes hangar. I admit I had not tried removing the head rest.
I have just been to the car and you are quite correct, my apologies. The pad moves up and down the bars which stay firmly attached to the seat. Very weird and the pad does not seem to want to come off the bars.
Only suggestion I can make, is to ring your dealer. I have phone Skoda CS and they will look into it and let me have an answer, which I will put on this thread as soon as I get it.
If you find out from your dealer what the answer is, perhaps you could post it here for others.
Many thanks.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 am

You should be able to sorta 'snap' it into two and put it between the headrest and snap it straight
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 am

Thanks for that Zach. I have informed Skoda CS.
[color=#00

Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:13 am

Just checked and yeah you should be able to bend it around the circle. I assume you are using this adapter for the coat hanger?

IMG_6381.JPG

BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

Roadster

Post by Roadster » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:01 am

Zach wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:13 am
Just checked and yeah you should be able to bend it around the circle. I assume you are using this adapter for the coat hanger?
Zacn, no, I am not using the adapter version. I am using the wooden hanger version which slips into the rods/rails.
Delivered 23/Sep/2017

Ryan_j

Post by Ryan_j » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:32 am

I know this is an old thread but relevant....Did you get this sorted? I'm trying to put seat covers on the front seats and couldn't seem to get the headrests off.
I've seen a picture how to get the third row off and wondered if it was the same? - all the videos online that talk about the octavia etc show different looking headrest "loops"

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”