Pre Delivery Inspection

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Roadster

Pre Delivery Inspection

Post by Roadster » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Finally, my Kodiaq is at the dealers and I am picking it up on Saturday 23rd Sep. I know there are a couple of other threads on this topic with limited guidance hence would appreciate if existing Kodiaq owners can advise on the any PDI I need to do before driving away, either based on what you did or you wish you had done in hindsight.

Thanks in advance guys!
Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI DSG
Ordered: 17/Jul/2017
Build Week 34, changed to 35
Delivered 23/Sep/2017

Colin Lambert

Re: Pre Delivery Inspection

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:27 am

Check presence of handbook, locking wheel nut.
Check if emergency call buttons work (preferably NOT pressing the Plod button!
See if the door pulls creak. If they do, either reject the car until it is corrected or simply (as I have done) flag it up with the dealer and make sure they note your comments down on your account so that if and when they need repairing, you can say "told you about this when I picked it up". Hopefully at this late stage the factory should have sorted this problem!
The other local one to me had the bulb replacement hatch cover O/S/F (inside front wheel arches at the front about level with the centre of the wheel.
No. I didn't even know they were there either ( Notta lotta people know that! :lol: )until this chap told me it was missing on his car!)
Can't think of anything else, but I'm sure others will come up with a list.
Have fun on the 23rd!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Savage

Post by Savage » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 am

In addition to the above for any new car pick up , more specifically for the Kodiaq:

Not just creaks on handles when held, check for gaps (uneven or otherwise) were the armrest is attached to the door interior panel.
Going from the replacements mine had months after the cars build,, the issue with QC has not been fixed. The more people that do have these issues that bring it to the attention of SUK customer services in addition to the supplying dealer, the more likely they will look into it.
Although I dismissed it as a design flaw initially, thinking it was build quality, I think they need to redesign the door cards entirely (or at least the handle/armrest area) as well as upping the QC.
Hopefully yours will be free of these defects and will give you many happy trouble free miles.
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

matyfu

Post by matyfu » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 am

I had mine delivered with wrong wheels. Ordered triglav and got sirius instead. As my car is lease I wasn't too bothered and they look good too. In the end they sent me £180 compensation. :-) .

RogerWW

Post by RogerWW » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:24 pm

The wheels are good one, must check mine as I want sirius wheels.
Also suggest you take your order with you which will include a list of all options ordered and check each one off.
Edition, 2.0 TSI, 180PS, (7 Seats) 4x4, DSG. Moon White Metalic, Black leather. 19" Sirius Alloys, Front & Rear Sensors/Camera, Travel Assist, Ambient Lighting, Heated Screen/Washers, Sunroof, Adaptive CC, Space Saver.
Ord 1/8/17, BW 17/9/17.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”